Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Edison Chadwick
Votes |
First Post - What markets are worth investing in in the Southwest?

Edison Chadwick
Posted May 20 2024, 16:29

Real estate investor newbie here. I live in CA and am looking to invest out-of-state in a SFH to rent long-term. I've been trying to decide between Henderson NV, Tuscon AZ, Albuquerque NM, and maybe El Paso TX.

I'm interested in Henderson for its proximity and AZ because I have family there, but am hesitant because I've heard that cashflowing properties are non-existent/extremely hard to find. 

Anyone had success in the last 2 years in Southwestern states and what real estate strategies are best suited for the area?

User Stats

Votes
Jens Nielsen
  • Investor
  • Santa Fe, NM
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Santa Fe, NM
Replied May 21 2024, 06:32

@Edison Chadwick I have been investing in Albuquerque since 2016, and have seen a lot of success there. Of course, it's harder to find good deals at the moment with the high interest rates.

I also have partners investing in Tucson, which is another great market. 

User Stats

Votes
Bradley Buxton
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nevada
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nevada
Replied May 21 2024, 10:22

@Edison Chadwick

There will be cash flowing deals you will have to deploy more capital to see cash flow. NV is a good state to invest because of the landlord friendly laws and low property taxes. In the Reno, NV area there are still cash flowing deals.  It's a more expensive entry than the Vegas area but will likely not appreciate as fast. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes