Votes
Rob Ringlehan
  • Layton, UT
Votes |
Realtor or Not?

Rob Ringlehan
  • Layton, UT
Posted Aug 2 2014, 21:25

I'm wondering if it is better when you're starting out to work with a Realtor to find an investment property or to hit the streets on your own? I've mostly been driving the streets looking for foreclosures but have yet to make contact with an owner. I've been reading on BP or two months and looking for a property for 1 month. I'm in the Destin area near Eglin AFB in case anyone local knows of someone good to work with.

User Stats

Votes
Terry Hershberger
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Nipomo, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Nipomo, CA
Replied Aug 2 2014, 21:36

@Rob Ringlehan 

I would network and build relationships and tell everyone I know what I am looking for, including a realtor. I have bought homes that have been found by realtors, friends, my tenants, aquaintances, friends of friends, business associates, bankers, my contractor, my mom, just to mention a few. The more people you have looking whether by sight or ear, the better chance you have finding what you want. Don't just look for foreclosures. There are many reasons why a home may be a great deal, not just foreclosures. You could also do some private mail pieces.

Hope this helps you!

Happy Investing!

User Stats

Votes
Rob Ringlehan
  • Layton, UT
Votes |
  • Layton, UT
Replied Aug 2 2014, 22:12

Thanks Tim! I will start voicing it to everyone. I've been holding back from everyone till I got a bit more knowledgeable but I think its time to dive in. I have been pricing out the direct mail campaign also. I'm also going to talk to some lenders to see about financing. 

Rob

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes