• Banker
  • Glen Allen, VA
Votes |
bandit sign reponse rate

Mario T.
  • Banker
  • Glen Allen, VA
Posted Sep 23 2014, 06:27

Good morning and happy 1st day of autumn BP family!

Can someone give me a statistic on bandit signs reponse rate? Specifically in Richmond VA? I put 12 signs out by busy intersections in a targeted zip code and haven't gotten any calls yet. It's been about 3 days. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Gerald Harris
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Sep 23 2014, 07:26

Play Bigger Numbers.   

When I was doing bandit signs at different periods of my investing i would put out 50 to 100 at a time.   I would also be consistent with it.   Put out 5 to 10  a day.  Its all a numbers game.   Also, check in your area to see how often the city pulls the signs and trashes them.   Some of them may already be gone.   

Bandit signs works best if you play a large amount of numbers.   

User Stats

Votes
Mario T.
  • Banker
  • Glen Allen, VA
Votes |
  • Banker
  • Glen Allen, VA
Replied Sep 23 2014, 09:24

@Gerald Harris thank you sir!  i'll give it a go.  how successful were you with bandit signs compared to how you're marketing now?  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Dev Horn
Pro Member
#3 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Arlington, TX
Replied Sep 23 2014, 09:51

In the BP community, we are careful to say - check with your local ordinances to see if bandit signs are illegal.  If they are, you could end up getting fined.

Bandit signs can generate calls, but the callers will be low lead quality because you have no idea re: their motivation, equity in their house, etc.

Higher lead quality can be found with pay-per-click (Google search marketing) and direct mail to carefully selected recipients (e.g., absentees with 50%+ equity, etc.)

User Stats

Votes
Gerald Harris
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Sep 23 2014, 09:52

It works ok.   Just depends on the city your in.   My success was in direct relation to how long those signs stayed up and what numbers i played.     10 signs a day got me alot of calls.      less than that i could not play enough numbers to be successful.   i do driving for dollars now.  Where i drive around town, find vacant fixers, find the owner and try to negocitate favorable price.   

User Stats

Votes
Michael Quarles#1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
Michael Quarles#1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Replied Sep 23 2014, 10:32

There is a trick with bandit signs....

Call your local telephone company and put your telephone number in the phone book and information service and on google under I Buy Houses and We Buy Houses.

That way when the person who saw a bandit sign looks up the telephone number you get the call...

You will buy a house a year this way.

User Stats

Votes
Mario T.
  • Banker
  • Glen Allen, VA
Votes |
  • Banker
  • Glen Allen, VA
Replied Sep 23 2014, 11:21

Thanks for the support and advice @Dev Horn @Gerald Harris .  I'm going to give it a shot and see how it plays out.  

@Michael Quarles you're my idol.  thanks for the tip