• Real Estate Agent
  • Newburyport, MA
Votes |
How Big Are Your Pockets?

Shamus Quirk
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Newburyport, MA
Posted Apr 29 2015, 18:09

Mine aren't that big and I'm still trying to repair my credit, but I have my real estate license, some experience with construction and a small amount of cash saved so I'm looking to break into the investment world.  Sometimes I wonder if I should be patient, save a little more and work on my credit, or do something now because there is no better time and get creative! I want to turn distressed properties into cash flowing property and do some flips to build some capital but I'm not sure I'm at a point in my career where I can afford to get started. I work a full time job making custom cabinetry to make ends meet and do real estate sales after hours and on the weekends for a nice bonus here and there but I want to take it to the next level sooner than later. 

I want to get to a point where I can afford to loose the job and just focus on creating cash flow through real estate investing.  

But the question is this: save and repair, or act and get creative? What type of approach would you take?  Thanks in advance to those who offer their wisdom! 

Loading replies...