Votes
Justin Armstrong
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Advice For Starting Investment Propert Owner

Justin Armstrong
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Jul 22 2016, 16:14

I am an 18 year old in college, deeper aren't in need of advice to kick start my dream! One day, I want to own multiple investment properties that I rent out/ sell/ buy for profit. 

I don't have the slightest idea on how to start this though. What do I do?

I'm from Phoenix, Arizona if that helps! 

I need to know where I should invest. How much I need to save up. What investment should I make. How do I make it.

Or even just tips on what to do, what to look out for, ect.

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Patrick McCandless
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Paso Robles, CA
Votes |
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Paso Robles, CA
Replied Jul 22 2016, 16:47

Hey Justin Armstrong welcome to BP. You're the same age I was when I got started in real estate shenanigans. You've come to the right place I'll tell you that much. Just start reading blog posts, listening to past podcasts, eavesdropping on forum posts, etc and you will grow your knowledge base quickly. Don't ever hesitate to reach out if I can help answer questions. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Colin Reid
  • Investor
  • St Petersburg, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • St Petersburg, FL
Replied Jul 22 2016, 21:07

Welcome! I wish I had your ambition at your age. 

I was given the book The Millionaire Real Estate Investor, by Gary Keller. It's a great overview of the many methods of investing in Real Estate, and along with Hold, another Keller book, really put me in the mindset of REI.

Good luck! I'm still new to this with only five properties including my residence, but if I can help, hit me up.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Justin Armstrong
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Jul 23 2016, 19:52

Thank you so much for the replies! I will have to get a hold of the books and start investing sometime into Bigger Pockets! I really appreciate it!

User Stats

Votes
Fritz Smith
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sierra Vista, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sierra Vista, AZ
Replied Jul 26 2016, 19:46

Welcome Justin, I would love to welcome you to the Renatus Education team.

User Stats

Votes
Rhondalette W.
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jul 26 2016, 19:54
Originally posted by @Justin Armstrong:

I am an 18 year old in college, deeper aren't in need of advice to kick start my dream! One day, I want to own multiple investment properties that I rent out/ sell/ buy for profit. 

I don't have the slightest idea on how to start this though. What do I do?

I'm from Phoenix, Arizona if that helps! 

I need to know where I should invest. How much I need to save up. What investment should I make. How do I make it.

Or even just tips on what to do, what to look out for, ect.

Thank you!

Hey Justin, I would suggest viewing the free course with 62 videos on getting started which you can find listed under the education tab above. 

User Stats

Votes
John D.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Allentown, PA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Allentown, PA
Replied Jul 26 2016, 20:15

@Justin Armstrong Podcasts, podcasts, podcasts.  The "search biggerpockets" search engine is very helpful as well!  I am currently reading "Investing in Real Estate" by Gary Eldred...Lots of good info in it.