Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Dylan Pereira
  • Union County, NJ
Votes |
Wow I am stoked (Lets build a Relationship)

Dylan Pereira
  • Union County, NJ
Posted May 29 2017, 08:04

Hello BP world!

My name is Dylan from NJ I am excited about everything I'm reading on the forums and blogs from all you great members. I am preparing myself for my first investment and pre-approve myself for a mortgage For a 2 family in March of 2018 I'm only 24 and I'll be 25 next year. I'll tell you a little more about myself to have a idea where I stand and I can ask a few questions. I have a CDL-A and drive tractor trailers (W-2) gross around 70k and do Uber part time when I want about 6K (1099) a year, I also have my Real estate license in Referral. I'm working to have two years of consistent W-2 to be okay for a mortgage which in March I will be good. By March I should have around 70K in savings. 

Questions:

1. All books are key but what books do you think I should buy to help me prepare. BP has15% sale and they donate 5 dollars to a charity so I would love to take advantage of helping out and saving money. 

2. Loan Officer or Mortgage broker? I bank with chase(big bank maybe need more attention) I have no Federal credit union or military background for VA but I can qualify for FHA with 203k loan and conventional.

3.How to find a Realtor that invests? Any strategies in looking for a great realtor that does invest? 

4. Looking at multifamilys (2-units) at 315k and under that are move in ready with taxes around 8-9k or looking at house that need TLC I can customise and maybe save money but afraid of how to find great contractors. How do you guys find a great contractor if you never needed one and delt with one? 

Last but not least, I never built my team with lawyer, inspector, realtor and what I mentioned above for a transaction. Should I be this early before I pre-approve for a promissory note in March 2018? 

Sorry for long introduction and questions I need a little clarity. I can only read so much I need people who have there feet wet in the game input. Thank you!

Loading replies...