• Rental Property Investor
  • Beijing, China
Votes |
Problems with the property menager

Nikki N.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Beijing, China
Posted Jan 16 2018, 09:14

Hello, everyone, Im a newbie and I have a question that I wanna share with you.   Im living in Beijing, China, and I am able to save a lot of money here that I want to invest into rental properties, and since Im soooooo far away Im following the ideas of David Green, about the long distant investing, I picked up Indianapolis as a city and a region where I want to invest and I have found a local agent and a property manager , so they can , in a way, control each other, in a sense that I will have two separate source of information, because I will not be able to be there and I need to choose the right property, especially because this is my first one and Im still learning about all of this. So I found this property manager here, on BP, one of the women recommend me this person and we start communication. Now, I found that there are 3 potential problems that bothers me about him:

1. He offered me to help me with building a portfolio " I will help you build a portfolio"

2. when the agent sent me a few deals that looked pretty good to me ( I was using and following the calculator on BP and the numbers were good) my PM told me that these deals were not good, and when I asked him why he didn't reply ( at least not until this moment when Im writing this here)

3, in general I feel like we have a bad communication, he replies to my emails slow and sometimes I need to write him 2-3 emails  before he replies.

Now, I know that it is not a job of a PM to send me deals or to check them out ( or maybe it is, if he is going to be my future PM for a lot of properties shouldn't it be in his concern to know which kind of properties will he be working with), but I was wondering if maybe this is not a very good property manager, maybe he is also an agent, or maybe his wife is an agent and they are working this together so he doesn't want me to buy properties from this other agent.

Or maybe Im just being paranoid? :)

Loading replies...