• Grasonville, MD
Votes |
My 2nd direct mail marketing campaign.

Ken Nyczaj
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Grasonville, MD
Posted Apr 3 2018, 05:11

Back again and with more action- today 400 letters will start being delivered by USPS. Here is how I went about this campaign:

Stepped up from 200 to 400 yellow letters with red ink and pastel blue envelopes to distressed or high equity owners in my farm area. Specifically distressed owners are- recently gone through eviction in past six months, tax delinquent, absentee landlords, some driving for dollars houses with a noticed defect of their property.

I'm still doing all the work myself- Printing out hand written font on a 5 x 7 yellow letter, printing same hand written font on envelope with mail merging from an excel spreadsheet, and stuffing each envelope plus putting the stamp on. Definitely took a whole weekend working about half days- roughly 4 hours each day. The main problem was my printer kept having a paper jam, I'm suspecting I need to use a higher lb paper and it won't happen.

Costs- per entire mail piece it is costing 63 cents.

If I can solve the paper jam I may do one more campaign myself and then start to outsource it. It seems to get a decent rate from another yellow letters supplier your order must be around 1,000 units, and I haven't seen the option to send out a tiny a1 invitation envelope from any sources. I really like this style since it definitely is unique to the opener in a stack of mail, it looks like a baby shower invitation.

Regardless of the results, I'll be back again in 4-6 weeks for round 3. There are really no deals on the MLS, and I haven't found a wholesaler to work with so for a while I'll be doing direct mail. Being a new company, my partners and I are not willing to buy foreclosures that are site unseen, and most likely our bank won't loan on the first property that's a foreclosure that needs a lot of work. Thanks for reading. Questions appreciated.

Loading replies...