• Grasonville, MD
Votes |
Distressed Seller is Disabled and may have Tax Liens

Ken Nyczaj
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Grasonville, MD
Posted Apr 24 2018, 17:05

Setting up a house visit with a distressed seller and I had a couple of questions for the BP Community:

1) Anyone have experience where the seller may not be able to physically travel to the Escrow Company to sit down at closing? I can take documents to and from him to get signed since the house is nearby, but physically he may not be able to make the trip to a closing table.

2) I did a tax lien search in Maryland on the Maryland Judiciary Judgment and Liens Search, and his name did come up numerous times in the past, but it shows on the records that each judgement and dollar amount has been satisfied. Anyone have ideas on how I can dig deeper? Last thing I want is to by a home with a lien of $50,000, but I'm thinking the Escrow Company would catch this as well.

There are no recent liens within the past few years listed. That being said, this is a seller that I found on a county tax delinquent list, and he is behind on his taxes as of 2018, but I'm thinking it hasn't gone out to bid for a lien yet?

Thank you

Loading replies...