• Rental Property Investor
  • Edmond, OK
Votes |
Refinance rental from 30-year loan (10% int) to a lower interest

Bryan Tilos
  • Edmond, OK
Posted Sep 26 2018, 00:59

So, I've been locked in with a hard-money lender for a couple of years now. I purchased a couple of properties with them and they funded my deals 70% LTV. Great relationship yet I am thinking of refinancing my rentals into a 30-year loan with a 4-6%. Reason being is a) lower interest, and b) cash flow.

I refinanced one of my properties to a 15-yr (6%), which was great but after thinking about, I should have refinanced to a 30-year. What is the best way to do this?

Can I refinance with another hard-money lender? Or will it have to be with a bank (commercial side)? I know most banks that deal with investment properties they like to lock you in at 15-years but haven't heard of 30-yr.

Thoughts? TIA!

User Stats

Votes
Khenkis K.
  • Lenox, GA
Votes |
  • Lenox, GA
Replied Sep 26 2018, 02:00

@Bryan Tilos Have you ever considered soft money? Their interest rates are usually in the 6%-9% range and typically consist of some sort of step-up 30 yr. This places you at a slightly lower rate than HML along with a 30 yr term you're looking for, structured of course.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Kistner
  • Lodi, CA
Votes |
  • Lodi, CA
Replied Sep 26 2018, 06:50

@Bryan Tilos

You can find lenders that will lock you in for 30 years. You’ll just have to call around. I wouldn’t want to go back to hard money at 10% either way though. Just my opinion. Good luck!

- Mike

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Tilos
  • Edmond, OK
Votes |
  • Edmond, OK
Replied Sep 26 2018, 08:52
Originally posted by @Khenkis K.:

@Bryan Tilos Have you ever considered soft money? Their interest rates are usually in the 6%-9% range and typically consist of some sort of step-up 30 yr. This places you at a slightly lower rate than HML along with a 30 yr term you're looking for, structured of course.

I have not considered soft money. I'll have to check it out, thanks!