Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Madden Pikula
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Votes |
Would getting my MBA help with investing?

Madden Pikula
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Posted Apr 19 2019, 14:44

Would getting my MBA help with real estate investing? I am in my undergraduate degree and I have the option of staying a fifth year and getting my MBA before going to dental school.

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Heimsoth
  • Durham, NC
Votes |
  • Durham, NC
Replied Apr 19 2019, 14:49

@Madden Pikula. No not really.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Freske
  • Attorney
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Apr 19 2019, 14:57
Originally posted by @Madden Pikula:

Would getting my MBA help with real estate investing? I am in my undergraduate degree and I have the option of staying a fifth year and getting my MBA before going to dental school.

As someone who has an MBA, it wouldn't hurt as you learn accounting, finance, marketing, etc., but it's not necessary and probably overkill for investing.

It would probably help more with running a dental business.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Heimsoth
  • Durham, NC
Votes |
  • Durham, NC
Replied Apr 19 2019, 15:06

@Madden Pikula. At my last meet up I met several people with 3 degrees (including an MBA) and I don’t think it’s very useful for investing. Best way to learn real estate is by doing deals

User Stats

Votes
Graham Harvey
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Denver, CO
Replied Apr 19 2019, 15:17
Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth:

@Madden Pikula. At my last meet up I met several people with 3 degrees (including an MBA) and I don’t think it’s very useful for investing. Best way to learn real estate is by doing deals

I agree that the best way to learn is by doing. I don't have an MBA and I don't think it'd hurt, but it's definitely not necessary. You can learn the theory from books, podcasts, and online forums and articles. Beyond that, nothing will teach you as much as taking action.