Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Markel Anthony grady
  • Tracy, Ca
Votes |
Experience Working Lease Options With RE Agents??

Markel Anthony grady
  • Tracy, Ca
Posted Jun 7 2019, 19:28

Hey All!!

This is my first post on the BP forums, quick intro I'm based out of Tracy, Cali. (NorCal), My goal is to achieve financial freedom, I like piping hot coffee and long walks to the pantry.

Introductions aside, I have been figuring out how I want to make my entrance into Real Estate Investing (gotta start somewhere). I am positive I want to start with Sandwich Lease Options to build capital to put into my first rentals (BRRRR method I'll see you soon)

I understand how SLO work, as well as paperwork, legal liabilities, ect. But I am struggling to pick up on-market properties the could be amazing deals that could make win-win-win because I am having a hard time explaining the concept to the listing agent. I figured agents don't want to wait 1-3 years for their commission, but offering partial commission or even an upfront bonus doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone here every worked with a Realtor to close SLO & LO deals, what happened, how did you build the rapport, and do you have any advice?

Also, I know BP forums seem to be super against SLO's, but I believe it has more to do with fear of liability than anything else. So constructive replies are preferred! 

User Stats

Votes
Joe Villeneuve
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Plymouth, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Plymouth, MI
Replied Jun 8 2019, 00:16

Where in the BP forums are people "super against" SLO's?

User Stats

Votes
Markel Anthony grady
  • Tracy, Ca
Votes |
  • Tracy, Ca
Replied Jun 8 2019, 16:03
Originally posted by @Joe Villeneuve:

Where in the BP forums are people "super against" SLO's?

A good number of posts actually. But I see that you have actually had success with SLO's which makes me happy you replied to my post. In your experience, have you ever worked with a realtor who brought you SLO deals? And when you see a potential deal that has an agent, how do you go about bringing the deal to fruition? 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Joe Villeneuve
Pro Member
  • Plymouth, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Plymouth, MI
Replied Jun 8 2019, 16:20

It's not that hard to make it work, but not all deals will work, and not all sellers or their agents will agree to what you might propose.  There are many ways to do it...all of them are specific to the property.  Kind of hard to give you one without a lot of specific details, and a specific property.