• Investor
  • Southeast Michigan
Votes |
Wholesaling in Southeast Michigan

Darrick S.
  • Investor
  • Southeast Michigan
Posted Sep 5 2019, 19:57

Does anyone know if wholesaling in Southeast Michigan, particularly the Detroit Metropolitan area, would be lucrative? I might be wrong, but Southeast Michigan does not seem like a very promising wholesaling market.

User Stats

Votes
DJ M.
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Southeast Michigan
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • Southeast Michigan
Replied Sep 5 2019, 21:35

Some areas are better than others here. If I was you I'd just skip all that BS and get a license. Way more lucrative then being an unlicensed broker and skirting license laws. Also, you can sleep easy at night since your business plan isnt based on skimming equity from uninformed sellers. 

User Stats

Votes
Saravanan Saravanan
  • Lender
  • Troy, MI
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Troy, MI
Replied Sep 6 2019, 05:20

@Darrick S. There are wholesalers who work in Southeast Michigan.  You could meet them in a local meet up groups.  Also, something to keep in mind that; you may have to realize different people have various degree of success.  There are time and / or money involved in marketing to get the desired results.

Being a realtor is another option as well like @DJ M. mentioned.

Good luck.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Darrick S.
  • Investor
  • Southeast Michigan
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Southeast Michigan
Replied Sep 6 2019, 10:11

Well, I do understand depending on an individuals level of dedication and skill set, success within any given market will vary. However, are there any wholesalers out there particularly familiar with the southeast Michigan area that can tell me what kind of success they are having and if there are a good supply of strong Buyers interested in that market?