In the first stages of getting to my goal. Feedback

6 Replies

I am currently in my first stages of becoming a Rental property owner. My name is Libby and I currently live in the Fremont, OH area. (Close to larger cities Toledo, Columbus, Cleveland) looking to link up with surrounding experienced people in this field. Any feedback on or in the industry, would be fabulous!

Thank you so much in advance!

Originally posted by @Libby Burroughs :

I am currently in my first stages of becoming a Rental property owner. My name is Libby and I currently live in the Fremont, OH area. (Close to larger cities Toledo, Columbus, Cleveland) looking to link up with surrounding experienced people in this field. Any feedback on or in the industry, would be fabulous!

That's great Libby, best of luck to you! 

Congrats! Columbus, Ohio is a great area to invest in. I started a few years ago and have enjoyed every step of the way! 

Hey There @Libby Burroughs Congrats on making the jump into investment.  I invest in Cleveland (Although I am getting out of it), Akron and in Tampa, FL.  I am pulling out of Cleveland so I can bring my investments to Toledo.  I believe you will find, and regardless of who you speak to, every market brings something different to the table.  When reviewing Toledo properties you will discover that the Toledo market is different from all others, not to mention, extremely low purchase prices on fixer uppers as compared to their retail value, Toledo is full of promises. The need for quality residential and commercial space has become astonishing, making the right investment in Toledo is sometimes not easy with so many different projects to choose from. Whether it is Single-Family homes, Multi-Family homes, mixed use or any other type of property, with such a high demand in Toledo, it rarely stays on the market for a great length of time.

Some reasons why so many people are flocking to invest in this cosmopolitan community would be:

- Low inflation
- One of the safest cities in Ohio
- Low cost of living
- Growing metropolitan

Essentially one would argue that the population decline is a factor but personally, that does not bother me.  Essentially every area will have people, have renters looking etc.  What you can bring to the table is diversity in a dynamic that fulfills the city.  Stand out from the crowd :)

I am local in Toledo so if you ever want to grab coffee or what not let me know!

Welcome aboard Libby