• Investor
  • Jefferson City, MO
Votes |
Featured Agent Reviews

Austin Johnson
  • Investor
  • Jefferson City, MO
Posted May 18 2022, 08:34

Does anyone have experience, conversion rates, etc. after using  BP Featured agent leads?
 I've searched and searched and I haven't seen any reviews, results etc. I like to read reviews before purchasing, call me crazy.
 I know it's a fairly new program. I can find numerous Zillow Leads reviews but nothing on this. anyone have anything?

User Stats

Votes
Jon Lester
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Orleans, LA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Orleans, LA
Replied Oct 7 2023, 17:29

I opted out.  I really love the idea of this program, but until it's executed better, it's certainly not worth the money.  Someone from BP reached out to me last week about potentially re-joining, and I told them the same thing.  The number one thing that needs to be done is better vetting.  Right now, they are charging ~$60 per lead for someone to fill out a webform, with no vetting at all.  I had so many of them that were spam, and then I had to type up a lengthy email to get credit applied back to my account.  Too much work for too little reward.

I'm hoping they overhaul it and reach back out to me.  I love BP and would love to test pilot this program 2.0

User Stats

Votes
Candice Coates
Tax & Financial Services
  • Customer Success Manager at BiggerPockets
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Customer Success Manager at BiggerPockets
Replied Oct 8 2023, 16:49

Our leads are not vetted. The investor goes through the agent finder tool, see who is in their market, and selects the agent(s) they want to gain more information from. 

Digital leads convert between 0.4-1.2% according to the NAR. Digital leads also can take more than just one attempt and a drip campaign to convert, it can take up to 6-8 attempts to connect with an investor. I had an agent that I met with at EXPCON that had an investor from December of 2022 reach out in October 2023 that is ready. It's all in the follow-up. 

Understandably, an immediate return and a positive ROI plus some, are what most agents are looking for. Keep in mind, that a transaction can take 3-6 months on average to get to the closing table.

We have a personalized onboarding experience where we strategize with our agents in the beginning and throughout the experience to ensure they are exhausting their resources on the BiggerPockets platform. We cover systems and leverage and how to make the most out of their experience.

We have over 700 agents and over 1,000 subscriptions being used and we are still growing. If you have more questions, feel free to book some time with me here.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kai Kopsch
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Oct 9 2023, 06:01
Quote from @Candice Coates:

Our leads are not vetted. The investor goes through the agent finder tool, see who is in their market, and selects the agent(s) they want to gain more information from. 

Digital leads convert between 0.4-1.2% according to the NAR. Digital leads also can take more than just one attempt and a drip campaign to convert, it can take up to 6-8 attempts to connect with an investor. I had an agent that I met with at EXPCON that had an investor from December of 2022 reach out in October 2023 that is ready. It's all in the follow-up. 

Understandably, an immediate return and a positive ROI plus some, are what most agents are looking for. Keep in mind, that a transaction can take 3-6 months on average to get to the closing table.

We have a personalized onboarding experience where we strategize with our agents in the beginning and throughout the experience to ensure they are exhausting their resources on the BiggerPockets platform. We cover systems and leverage and how to make the most out of their experience.

We have over 700 agents and over 1,000 subscriptions being used and we are still growing. If you have more questions, feel free to book some time with me here.

Good morning Candice,

Sadly, your reply showed precisely what is wrong with the featured agent program.

"Digital leads convert between 0.4-1.2% according to the NAR."   At around ~$60 per lead, with the best conversion rate, I would pay $ 6,000.00 per transaction! My rate is around 4% in a high-interest market with low inventory; this doesn't work.

I love the BP community; this program could run perfectly and help BP members start investing. Please, BP make some changes.

Kai Kopsch Realty One Group Select Logo

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Jones
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Oct 9 2023, 07:41
Quote from @Kai Kopsch:

Good morning Candice,

Sadly, your reply showed precisely what is wrong with the featured agent program.

"Digital leads convert between 0.4-1.2% according to the NAR."   At around ~$60 per lead, with the best conversion rate, I would pay $ 6,000.00 per transaction! My rate is around 4% in a high-interest market with low inventory; this doesn't work.

I love the BP community; this program could run perfectly and help BP members start investing. Please, BP make some changes.

Anytime anyone criticizes this program they are met with these same flimsy arguments about its effectiveness rather than listening to the customer and making the necessary changes. It leads you to believe there is a very obvious incentive not to change the program. BP has failed its members on this one and those of us who paid for and tried the Featured Agent Leads are giving them our honest feedback and facts like Kai stated above. I feel for anyone who gets duped by this program and am completely disappointed in the response from BP.

User Stats

Votes
Janel Kolbo
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Oct 9 2023, 08:14
Quote from @Matthew Jones:
Quote from @Kai Kopsch:

Good morning Candice,

Anytime anyone criticizes this program they are met with these same flimsy arguments about its effectiveness rather than listening to the customer and making the necessary changes. It leads you to believe there is a very obvious incentive not to change the program. BP has failed its members on this one and those of us who paid for and tried the Featured Agent Leads are giving them our honest feedback and facts like Kai stated above. I feel for anyone who gets duped by this program and am completely disappointed in the response from BP.

I had someone reach out a couple weeks ago asking if I'd like to expand into other Florida markets since surely I did so well (do your homework, I ended up with a refund) and when I told him about my experience he said this. They clearly don't care or want to hear what we have to say....

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Jones
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Oct 9 2023, 08:20
Quote from @Janel Kolbo:
Quote from @Matthew Jones:
Quote from @Kai Kopsch:

Good morning Candice,

I had someone reach out a couple weeks ago asking if I'd like to expand into other Florida markets since surely I did so well (do your homework, I ended up with a refund) and when I told him about my experience he said this. They clearly don't care or want to hear what we have to say....

I had this same guy give me a crap response as well. When I called him out he blocked me on BP. 

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Jason Lloyd
  • Investor
  • Newport News, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Newport News, VA
Replied Oct 10 2023, 09:24

Hey there!  Ive been with the program for about 1 year and 8 months.  I have received 232 leads and 11 have closed on a property and I am currently working with 3 in my pipeline.

I am typically between a 4-6% conversion rate on these leads.  Whether or not it is worth it depends on what your specialty is.  Because Biggerpockets doesn't really qualify, I like to add an additional section in my description to attract more of the clients I like to work with.

I specialize in working with with househackers, live-in-flip and buy-and-hold turnkey properties.  Converting 3 househackers that each purchase a $250,000 multifamily pays off a lot different than 3 flippers that each purchase a $80,000 property that may refinance and you wont get the listing.  Also, I have found most the flip investor leads, just want your connections.  They don't want to work with you.  So let's do some math:

Househack - 3 purchase at average a $250,000 property.  Total volume $750,000.  Assume 2.75% commission.  $20,625 comes into the brokerage, now apply your split.  Divide by two biggerpockets packages for your ROI. Househack investors have a higher conversion than flippers by A LOT with these leads.

Flippers - 3 purchase at $80,000, one lists with you for $250,000 and the other two refi.  Total volume $490,000. Assume 2.75 commission. $13,475 comes into the brokerage.  Now apply your split. Divide by six biggerpockets packages for your ROI. Your leads looking to flip mostly don't want to work with you because they want to buy off market with a wholesaler and don't want to pay your fee. They just want your connections and deals you can't close. Also you will receive A TON of people that saw a flip on HGTV and realized that its more than the TV shows make it out to be and you won't find out until they burned themselves out looking at 10 properties.

The math works great for my splits at my brokerage and the plan I pay for.  I definitely get my money back and more working with my specialty.

You also will get property managers, wholesalers and other service providers looking to network.  You can take these leads and send them to support to receive a lead credit back.  They have been pretty good at making sure I am not paying for a "non-lead". 

• Real Estate Agent VA (#0225254468)

Chris Lloyd Real Estate Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 10 2023, 10:37

Glad it worked for one persons market . My experience is no where close to that . I’ve gotten a bunch of fake leads, just outright trash leads and customer service has been poor. I have not gotten all the credit for bad/fake leads that I deserve for sure and communication with them has been a slow pain. I don’t see myself getting another package unless by chance I actually finally get something worth while to balance out the high 4k package cost. If a particular area as a moderate priced packed might be ok to give them a shot but don’t get your hopes up for sure. All my other paid services have come in cheaper on the per lead cost and out performed this one in people closing , lead quality and actual some form of lead vetting.