Skip to content
Real Estate Agent

User Stats

Votes
Chris Lynch
  • Commercial Real Estate Agent
  • East Providence, RI
Votes |
Become a Real estate agent or Loan officer?

Chris Lynch
  • Commercial Real Estate Agent
  • East Providence, RI
Posted Aug 1 2014, 18:25

I have two opportunity's at hand.

Over the past month I have been working on building opportunity ( Knocking down doors)

I put myself out there like many here have recommended and it worked. My plan behind these jobs is to learn more about real estate and earn as much as possible to funnel into investment property's. I am currently a banker and my income is capped. I want something with unlimited earning potential ( I will work 15 hours a day if that's what it takes) 

Loan officer - The first opportunity is getting into the mortgage business. The gentleman is willing to mentor me. His plan would be to take me up through the ranks ( From processor, to loan officer assistant and then to a full commission loan officer. That way I become knowledgeable in all aspects. 

Real estate agent - The other opportunity is with a fast growing real estate company. The brokers were top agents and produced big numbers. They are expanding now and are looking for new agents. They are great people. The benefit here would be the ability to learn from top agents who have already been very successful. However this is straight commission vs climbing the mortgage ladder ( Which I do not mind).

If you have read this far thank you for your time. 

QUESTION?  Which one will teach me more about real estate that I can apply to investing? TWO- which one has more potential to be more lucrative ( The goal is to make as much money as possible and funnel it into rentals) 

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT.

Loading replies...