Start-Up Advice: Where Shall I Begin?

7 Replies

What was the most valuable advice you received as a new agent?  What should I focus on as I begin to build my new business and start my new career?

Thank you!
Pam :)

Get on the phones... send out letters... do open houses. You may not have listings of your own to do open houses, but if you go to a top agent in your office with multiple listings, I am sure they will let you do one. It will bring attention to their listing, and you will get the contacts from the sign in sheet. Whatever you do... be active!

Constantly market!!!  You're in the marketing business.

If you don't market, you'll be out of business.  It's as simple as that.

Find areas to farm and use the USPS's Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM).  Offer a home seller's guide.

Be unique with your marketing, but always have an offer, and always have a call to action.

Oh, and just don't sit idle.  You won't get any business sitting in front of a computer screen checking Facebook every 5 seconds.

Good advice guys! As a new agent I need all the advice I can get. Can anyone recommend popular speakers or experts in getting business up and running?   

Jose,

You get your business up and running by being out there!  Market everywhere.

Send out postcards.  What's that... you don't have any listings?  Offer a free seller's/buyer's guide.

Have any buyers?  Send out postcards with your buyer's criteria to the area they're looking to buy.

The difference between top agents and the other 95% of the agents.... the top agents are always TACKING ACTION.

What's that?  You don't have any money to send postcards?  Call expired listings!  Just do something!

These are great tips!  Thank you for taking the time to think about this and passing along the advice!  I've taken it to heart and have done every thing you all have suggested.  I don't plan to be a wallflower...never have, never will!  :) 

@David Hunter  @Jose Efren Orozco  @Jon Huber  

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.