Skip to content
Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Sprague
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Recommended reading/information for newbies?

Daniel Sprague
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Sep 22 2018, 14:15
This is my first post and I’m just starting to gain insight into the vast real estate world. Any recommendations for books to read or sources of information? I want to make sure I have a good foundation prior to beginning! I don’t really have an exact avenue I want to pursue yet so I’m open to any ideas!

User Stats

Votes
Dan Barli
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Clifton, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Attorney
  • Clifton, NJ
Replied Sep 22 2018, 18:13

Welcome to BP Daniel! You can start with Rich Dad Poor Dad, The Book on Rental Property Investing, Set for Life, the ABC's of Real Estate and that will give you a good start. 

User Stats

Votes
Diana Dorantes
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Channahon, IL
Votes |
  • Channahon, IL
Replied Sep 28 2018, 16:16

@Daniel Sprague I drive a lot for my job, you might want to listen to the bigger pockets podcasts.  This is in addition to any books. I agree with @Dan Barli regarding the books he recommended.  I started even more basic though.  The richest man in Babylon and how to win friends and influence people.  

Best of luck, 

Diana Dorantes 

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Jay P.
  • Bryan/College Station/Somerville, TX
Votes |
  • Bryan/College Station/Somerville, TX
Replied Nov 11 2018, 23:10

Welcome Daniel! If you want info, just hop on over to the podcasts & webinars. When I first arrived here almost 5 years ago, I knew I wanted to get into real estate but had no idea what I wanted to do or where to start. I found the webinars & podcast and have listened/watched every one of them. I soon figured out what wasn't for me and what was. Plus, it was so amazing to hear other peoples stories and see that the fears that i had about getting into real estate investing is a pretty common thing.

I wish you the best of luck in your search.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 14 2018, 06:17

Real Estate Business & Investment Opportunities is a book I would recommend.  Gives a brief overview of a lot of different ways to play the real estate game.  Good luck Daniel Sprague and congrats of making a potentially life changing decision to get involved in real estate!