Skip to content
Mobile Home Park Investing

User Stats

Votes
Tyler C.
  • Investor
  • Ridgefield, WA
Votes |
Anyone thinking of going to MHU Boot Camp in Denver this June?

Tyler C.
  • Investor
  • Ridgefield, WA
Posted Apr 22 2016, 09:10

I am planning on attending but haven't made the arrangements just yet.   I hear great things about it and the more I read into this niche, the more I want to be in it.  

http://www.mobilehomeuniversity.com/mobile-home-pa...

User Stats

Votes
Andriy Boychuk
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Staten Island, NY
Votes |
  • Staten Island, NY
Replied Apr 22 2016, 10:25

Hi @Tyler C. I do not plan to attend the boot camp this June. However, I would like to recommend it to you if you plan to start mobile home investing. I planned to buy 12 lot mobile home park with 4 occupied only before attending the boot camp. I figure out it is cheaper to pay $2k for education than $99k and do it myself. 

Here are couple topics on the forum about the boot camp

Has anyone gone to a Mobile Home University 3-day "boot camp"?

Mobile Home Park Univ. Boot Camp or CD package?

User Stats

Votes
Justin Bush
  • Contractor
  • Texas Corners, MI
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Texas Corners, MI
Replied Apr 22 2016, 11:53

I totally agree with Andriy. I just came home from the camp in Nashville and it may sound like a lot for education but what you will save in avoiding huge mistakes pays for it. Not only does it tell you what and how to purchase, it tells you what not to purchase. I was about to pull trigger on park i was looking at and wow did I dodge a bullet. I would totally recommend boot camp if looking to get into business

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Todd Willhoite
  • Attorney
  • Claremore, OK
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Claremore, OK
Replied Apr 22 2016, 13:16

I am rather tight, I mean frugal, but the $2,000 plus flight plus hotel to the Seattle boot camp last summer was well worth it.  They provided education beginning early morning, through meals, and into the evening if you wanted to participate.  I highly recommend it. 

User Stats

Votes
Tyler C.
  • Investor
  • Ridgefield, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ridgefield, WA
Replied Apr 22 2016, 16:43

Good feedback....thank you both.  

The reason I've decided to attend, Justin, is that I was about to put in an offer on a 47 lot park but decided to run it by Jefferson Lilly beforehand.  Man, am I glad I did.  The park I was looking at had a "lagoon" for its septic system.  Jefferson told me a horror story that he went through that made me drop that idea ASAP.  And while I was considering the boot camp already, that conversation sealed it for me (he really stressed its value).

Account Closed
  • Friendswood, TX
Votes |
  • Friendswood, TX
Replied Apr 22 2016, 17:59

For sure, its cheap insurance to prevent you from making a 100k plus mistake.  Parks are great if you buy the right ones , with the right variables, in the right places , in the right markets.  

Franks team teaches you how to learn what those are. 

Buying a park takes a lot of specialized knowledge. You don't know what you don't know.  

If you buy the wrong park it can be a big screw up . You can even buy the right park in the wrong area.  

There are about a 100 more valuable things that you will pull out of the bootcamp.  Anyone looking to get into this business should take advantage of this crash course. This would be some of the best money that you can invest in yourself.  

User Stats

Votes
George N.
  • Investor
  • Great Falls, MT
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Great Falls, MT
Replied Apr 22 2016, 22:37

I'd point out that it's not just for people who don't know much about parks but park operators as well. I'm looking into attending for a second time as I think once you've been you can go again for a nominal fee. Besides the great info and networking it's simply a great time. Frank and Brandon and Todd etc. are all great people. 

Account Closed
  • Friendswood, TX
Votes |
  • Friendswood, TX
Replied Apr 23 2016, 19:25

Agree, its an extreme bargain any time you go back. I went a couple years later after the first time and it was nice to learn some new things, networking is always nice, hearing of new trends.  Lots of value for anyone in the space already. 

User Stats

Votes
Andriy Boychuk
  • Staten Island, NY
Votes |
  • Staten Island, NY
Replied Apr 25 2016, 10:31

most of the investors here on the forum and in general are very helpful and willing to share their knowledge. However, they answer questions you ask and plus some extra. There are many questions you are not aware of. The boot camp gives you the overview of all areas of the business.    @Tyler C.

User Stats

Votes
Nichole Menzies
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Apr 25 2016, 17:13

Just received the MHU Home study guide (got it on ebay) and already Im a fan! Great info! I listened to the first CD on the way to a  retail client meeting earlier and I couldnt wait to finish the meeting so I could hear the rest! Now Im relaxing with the first chapter of their "10/20 Investment System" book...I think I may go to the bootcamp...

User Stats

Votes
George N.
  • Investor
  • Great Falls, MT
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Great Falls, MT
Replied Apr 26 2016, 00:16

@Nichole Menzies I think as a commercial broker it would be very beneficial. You would be an authority on parks and know more than almost all your competition. Personally I've also found that the basics of what Frank teaches apply to multifamily as a whole and even the greater economy. 

User Stats

Votes
Nichole Menzies
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Apr 26 2016, 05:04

@George N. it's interesting that you say that because this passion I feel for this asset type is making me think I should pursue it as a broker service. I love studying this asset and I feel just as excited as when I first studied apartments years ago...but even more so:-). We'll see. I want to get as educated as possible first and foremost....

User Stats

Votes
Tyler C.
  • Investor
  • Ridgefield, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ridgefield, WA
Replied Apr 26 2016, 08:48

Please let me know if anyone is interested in going in on tickets for Denver.  They are $1,500 each if two are purchased ($2k otherwise).  

User Stats

Votes
Tyler C.
  • Investor
  • Ridgefield, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ridgefield, WA
Replied May 2 2016, 11:39

Just bumping this one last time to see if anyone would like to go in on tickets....

User Stats

Votes
Andriy Boychuk
  • Staten Island, NY
Votes |
  • Staten Island, NY
Replied May 3 2016, 10:28

@Tyler C. you should talk with @Nichole Menzies . She is considering to go. "I think I may go to the bootcamp..."

User Stats

Votes
Nichole Menzies
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied May 3 2016, 12:29

Hey @Tyler C. I'm partnered up already but theres gotta be someone going who needs to save $500 bucks!

User Stats

Votes
Tyler C.
  • Investor
  • Ridgefield, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ridgefield, WA
Replied May 4 2016, 07:01
Originally posted by @Nichole Menzies:

Hey @Tyler C. I'm partnered up already but theres gotta be someone going who needs to save $500 bucks!

My thoughts exactly!   :-)