Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Sateesh Kumar
Votes |
NAR Settlement Advantageous for sellers?

Sateesh Kumar
Posted Mar 28 2024, 06:13

Hello

i have been considering FSBO to sell my property for sometime now, I am not a savvy investor and realized I don't quite have the skills to take this responsibility all by myself so will definitely need some help from an agent. I wanted to check how to best take advantage of NAR Settlement to minimize agent fees. Is Redfin a good option. Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Mar 28 2024, 06:34
Quote from @Sateesh Kumar:

Hello

i have been considering FSBO to sell my property for sometime now, I am not a savvy investor and realized I don't quite have the skills to take this responsibility all by myself so will definitely need some help from an agent. I wanted to check how to best take advantage of NAR Settlement to minimize agent fees. Is Redfin a good option. Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Who is going to write the contract, who is going to do the showings? I still believe people need an agent. The NAR settlement is not even yet approved so I would not be making any decisions based on a potential settlement that could be amended. Like anything in life, you get what you pay for, that does not mean not to negotiate, but you still get what you pay for.