Anyone have experience with Rent To Retirement?

Anyone have experience with Rent To Retirement?

Investor · Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2022 · 96 posts · 32 votes

Rent to Retirement supposedly has cash-flowing properties for sale. 

Has anyone invested with this company?

Thanks.

4Reply
122 views

Most Popular Reply

Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Account Closed:
Quote from @James Wise:
Quote from @Account Closed:
Quote from @Marcos De la Cruz:

Rent to Retirement supposedly has cash-flowing properties for sale. 

Has anyone invested with this company?

Thanks.

I purchased a “turnkey” property through RTR in Akron, OH — a market they heavily praise and promoted. Sadly, my experience fell far below what was promised.

Out of respect for the BP community guidelines (and because I’ve seen how brutally honest feedback can be attacked here), I’m choosing not to post full details publicly.

If anyone is considering working with RTR or any of their affiliates and want a fully transparent, firsthand account, feel free to DM me.

Investors deserve the full picture — not just the highlight reel.


"I've seen how brutally honest feedback can be attacked here."

When you come on here with an anonymous profile. No location, no picture, no identifying information and just start attacking a legitimate company, I don't consider that an attack. That's simply experienced investors calling a spade a spade.

Respectfully, raising questions or concerns is not the same as attacking — and I never said RTR is a fraud. I simply encouraged others to read more carefully. Being anonymous doesn’t invalidate anyone’s perspective; it’s a common practice on forums like BP. Let’s focus on the actual topic rather than personal profiles.

That said, who are you to judge when your profile picture is a blue Hulk-looking dude? I’ve seen you actively and defensively engage in threads here. My post wasn’t directed at you personally — unless you’re identifying yourself as a shark here on BP?

lets put this in perspective..  Anytime one buys a rental property in any market and in any asset class Its real estate there is always some risk that performance wont match assumptions. I have had brand new A class construction homes get totally trashed by tenants.. I have had D class inner city that have perked along for years.. Full disclosure I know Zach personally and what I do know is he cares a lot about the success of his clients and thats really all you can ask of a Provider of Real estate investments.. Lots of moving parts with these deals.. And what I see is Investors many times have unreasonable expectations and are quick to blame when rentals dont go perfectly.. I mean you should see some of the pictures Jim posts when tenants move out.. its just the nature of the rental bizz.  As @Nicholas L. mentioned cash flow is tough right now and i think PERSONAL opinion we are in the market cycle were we were in the early 2000s  if your property will pay for its self that is a win.. positive cash flow is not to be expected its a bonus again in my personal opinion.. Wealth in RE is created by tenants paying off your property for you Not in amassing 1k or 2k a year in positive cash flow. any positive cash flow again in my personal opinion since U know going in is going to be small dollars should be used for reserves on top of what you think you need and or pay down debt.. you get weathly when your real estate is paid for. And time has moved on and your values far exceed what you paid for the asset.  Again in my FWIW file.. See you all at Bp Con :)  

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
    Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.