Oklahoma City Market for Rental

3 Replies

I'm looking to buy a 3BR/2BA home on the south side of Oklahoma City. I am planning on living in one room and renting out the two others. How is the market in this area? Also, is there more demand for renting out single rooms vs a whole house?

Hey Andrew,

I'm personally investing in NW OKC, so I'm not terribly familiar with the south side. However, I'm going to start looking at it soon based on the whole "core-to-shore" program going on. Try checking out this article written by a real estate investor / property manager in Oklahoma City.

http://yourokcpropertymanager.com/inner-south-the-...

Hope this helps with your research.

-Tyler

Hi Tyler great link very interesting. Most of the properties I own are ISW, and INE. I get great rent and cash flow which is why I have stuck in those areas. In fact the only area I don't own anything in is the NW.

Andrew this should give you some good data to work with. Good Luck.

Sara

interesting article although i think the growth many are hoping for in rental increase and property value increase in the ISW area as he terms it are a bit farther off than many anticipate.  while the midtown area is "booming" it is mostly just in certain pockets with many still lagging far behind.  I think this will be an even steeper/longer climb for the ISW area due to many factors.  It does have the most "potential" for growth/increase the real question is how long you are willing or able to wait for that to happen.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here