Detroit

39 Replies

I am partners with a few out of state investors, who have bought properties in Detroit. I lived in Metro Detroit my entire life and know the area fairly well.

If you have any specific questions, PM me.

Hello Everyone, 

I'm a licensed Realtor and an investor and sooo not lazy! :-) My broker and I have over 30 years combined experience and we know the city of Detroit inside out. Give me a call!

Michelle

I'm a property manager and broker here in Detroit. There are some really great opportunity's out there and some really bad properties out there. I can help you out with any areas you are looking in I manage over 100 properties all over Detroit.
Originally posted by @Tora Miller :

hello everyone I am looking to buy my frist rental property inDetroit and was wondering if there were any one else that plan or own rentals in Detroit that could give me some advice thanks

I have access to some wholesale turnkey rental properties for sale in the detroit and Flint area. If you are interested lets connect. Detroit has a bad rap but you can successfully invest there if you assess location.

Originally posted by @Bridget Smith-Osbourne :

@ Christian Hutchinson.   I would love to know which area(s) of Detroit you are currently investing in (highly profitable and desirable) . I just visited Detroit for the first time and am seriously considering investing here. Really impressed with Downtown. Have been told by many locals they are seeing changes that were not present a few years back. Planning a second trip in August. Any thoughts/ inputs really appreciated

Amazing what a visit to the city will do. You learn the good and bad parts of the city. If you are interested as I mentioned to the original poster I am a wholesaler with access to a variety of turnkey cashflowing properties in the Michigan area. Feel free to connect if interested. Happy investing!

@Tora Miller  

I'd love to hear your buying criteria/budget/preferred locality of investment area so I can meet YOUR needs and send you relevant helpful emails as you conduct your due diligence!

I have a portfolio of Detroit homes, priced well, with repair estimates and after repair values in place.  I have both interior and exterior pictures as well.  If anyone has interest I am on the ground in Detroit and am willing to consider partnering with the right person or group. 

Detroit has risen from the recession.

Out of State and Foreign Investors are flooding the Metro area. 

Bigger Pockets is a great place to network. 

I would suggest checking out sites that give data on most recent sales and highest activity.

Much success.

There are deals to be found in Detroit! It depends on the deal. I closed on a deal where the owner was going through a divorce and wanted $8K for his house and to cover his taxes and water. The home was in good condition with a new furnace, new electrical and all appliances stayed. Depends on the deal and the area.

There are a few of our Detroit homes that we are considering selling.  They have great renters in good to decent areas.  Return is amazing.  Need the capital for bigger deals.  Preparing to sell in the next 4-8 weeks.

I'm fully invested in rentals in Detroit. Born and raised on the northwest side. I've heard horror stories from foreign, out of state, and even local investors alike. The main thing is finding a good local partner. Herb is a friend and mentor of mine. Feel free to PM me and I can introduce you. I'm also interested in partnering up with others so I can do more and bigger deals. I have a few properties I wouldn't mind a partner on or may even consider wholesaling for cash flow reasons.

Hello Tora,

Was wondering if you ended up buying any rental properties in Detroit?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here