Votes
Allen Lucas
  • Hyattsville, MD
Votes |
Got an offer on my house but....

Allen Lucas
  • Hyattsville, MD
Posted Jun 22 2015, 22:56

Ok. So I have had my house up on the market a little over 70 days and I have only received one other offer from an investment group for well under the asking price. It's been taking so long and I really got tired of all the appointments for people to come in to look at my home and just pass it up. My agent couldn't do nothing more to help so I started taking matters in my own hands a little. 

I get a letter in the mail from a company called H.U.B Home and Realty Solutions saying they will buy my house in any condition, they will make an offer within 24hrs, and leave me with some money left in my pocket. So I decided to give them a call. Get on the phone with a guy and he says he wants to come see the property so I say ok. After checking it out he claims to like the house and that it needs some work. The next day he offers to purchase the house at the asking price of $205,000 all cash. The asking price is under the market value in my area. I was surprised but I knew there was a catch. He says that I have to take the listing off the MLS because he has an extensive list of buyers ready to go but if they see the listing on the MLS they will low ball me. That made sense but I knew that also meant I have to fire my agent. That was something I already wanted to do.

So I did what he asked. But now I'm extremely nervous because he offered me $205,000 but he(or his company) doesn't intend on purchasing it. He is marketing it to his extensive list of buyers while I get the offer contract reviewed by a lawyer. But I'm truly trying to figure out what was the purpose of his offer of he isn't the one making the purchase? Has anyone ever heard of this tactic? Is it legit?

Loading replies...