Need help selling a profitable rental property

8 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I have a rental property that's proven a good investment for me. However, I would like to sell it to an investor. The tenant lived in the house for 6 years and about 8 months. There is work that needs to be done. Would someone care share strategies for selling it to a fellow investor? Any and all information is welcomed! Thanks!

@Chonda M.

You can upgrade to a plus or pro account and try to sell in the marketplace here. Where is the property located? There may be agents in the area that can help you as well.

An investor, who has a rental, that needs work, and wants to sell to another investor? That's like pouring a bucket of blood in the water before jumping in to swim. I'm surprised the Sharks aren't circling! 

If you don't get any sudden increase in friend requests, put it on Craigslist. Lots of investors have VAs trolling the ads every day looking for sellers.

Account Closed is from!

Chonda, you might consider posting this same discussion in your specific DC metro forum.  They have that now, broken down by city (much larger cities than mine, anway).

Good luck. You're in the right place!

You should post the income and details and the price you are looking for to get some imput?  How much are you asking for the House plus how much do you estimate the needed restoration will cost and how much income can someone get from the house?  Do the numbers work using the 1% or 2% rule?  You can ask your fellow BP people if this is a deal that anyone would be able to make any income on?

This post has been removed.

Hey Chonda, I am interested in the property. I am brand new to real estate investing and brand new to the bigger pockets site and looking to make my first purchase. I live in the Fayetteville/ Hope Mills area and would love to find out more information about the rental property you would like to sell.

I live in Fayetteville. I'm always looking for deals!

Originally posted by @Alexander Felice :

I live in Fayetteville. I'm always looking for deals!

Hello Alexander,

I posted the house in the Marketplace with details. Take a look at it and call me if you're interested. Cheers, Chonda 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here