• Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Lead Generation for Buy and Holding

Jonathan Bonck
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Posted May 20 2016, 11:55

I'm a Buy and Hold investor. I want to create a lead generation page to start marketing to sellers. I want to stay focused on buying and holding. I do NOT want to become a wholesaler. I have a full time job and I am trying to stay focused on building my portfolio. How have other buy and hold investors handled the influx of leads through lead generation (albeit direct mail, lead generation website, seo) but not become wholesalers?

thanks! 

User Stats

Votes
Curt Davis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Memphis, TN
Replied May 20 2016, 17:56

most buy and hold investors look on the MLS or go the turnkey route.

Good luck 

• Real Estate Agent TN (#00321765)

901 INVEST Logo

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Smith
  • Wholesaler
  • Lenoir City, TN
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Lenoir City, TN
Replied May 20 2016, 18:08

That is kind of my strategy. However it can be hard to deal with all the appointments and phone calls with a full time job. Also, How are you going to get your lead page in front of people? PPC? SEO?

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Sisto
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Liverpool, NY
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Liverpool, NY
Replied May 20 2016, 18:35

@Jonathan Bonck I am very big on inbound marketing and using different creative strategies to convert on your target market. 

I would begin educating yourself on paid facebook advertising. This tool will give you the ability to target homeowner of multi family units for say 6+ years as an example. You can then create your ad and push these folks to a landing page. 

Also I would develop your website (SEO-Keywords) around the sale of multi families. This will require some keyword research through google keyword planner on your specific city + multi families (and they will give you some ideas) - you can also test these keywords by doing some PPC. 

My inbound strategy for my local area is creating a educational hub on real estate and just try and draw as much traffic to my site as possible in order to create a large number of back links. Also focusing specific pages around highly searched keywords - this allows me to rank well for maybe 50 - 75 popular key words in my area. 

In regards to being a wholesaler - obviously we all know this business revolves around getting GREAT deals, so I would say you dont need to become a wholesaler, but focus on getting whole sale deals. Cause we all succeed on the buy.

Hope there was some information in there that may benefit you. 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Bonck
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied May 23 2016, 09:51

@Christopher Smith Yes, I was planning to use SEO to get the page in front of folks. Facebook Ads and Google Ad words possibly.

I think there is phone systems where you can have voicemail's that prospective sellers leave and it translates to an email. This would help me manage while being at work full time. 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Bonck
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied May 23 2016, 09:53

@Daniel Sisto you are spot on with my thinking. I want the wholesale leads because this are the best deals. When a wholesaler brings me a deal he is taking a piece of the equity pie that I could use to execute my strategy, which is use private capital to buy rehab rent and then refinance. The payout the wholesaler gets takes away from my ability to fully refinance all the private capital principle.