• Investor
  • Cherry Hill, NJ
Votes |
South Jersey Contractor

Mayer M.
  • Investor
  • Cherry Hill, NJ
Posted Jan 26 2018, 14:48
Hey BP! I’m located in Cherry Hill, NJ about 15 mins outside Philadelphia and am looking for an investor friendly contractor to assist me with flips/rentals. Everyone I’ve come across wants to charge me retail as if I was a homeowner doing a remodel. Any recommendations? Thanks!!!

User Stats

Votes
Morshad Saami Hossain
  • Investor
  • Cherry Hill, NJ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cherry Hill, NJ
Replied Jan 26 2018, 15:14

Mayer M.
Nice to meet you. What sort of work are you looking for in specific? Working with other investors like yourself, I can ask around and give you a some numbers.

• Real Estate Agent NJ (#1645135)

Team 3C, eXp Realty, LLC Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mayer M.
  • Investor
  • Cherry Hill, NJ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cherry Hill, NJ
Replied Jan 26 2018, 15:37

That would be awesome! I have only done condo/townhouses including finishing basements, roofs, kitchens, baths, etc so far but piecemeal everything out to save on cost. I’m just looking for good contacts that can do everything at a rate that I can still make money.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Stephen Kappre
  • Real Estate Agent
  • South Jersey
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • South Jersey
Replied Jan 26 2018, 19:54
@Mayer M.:

I have some contacts in the area that may work for you. I’m just a little south of you in Gloucester County. Send me a message if you want to discuss what you are looking for. All the best. Steve.  

User Stats

Votes
David Weintraub
  • Lender
  • Berkeley, CA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Berkeley, CA
Replied Jan 26 2018, 20:50

Email me

I have contacts in Camden Cty

Account Closed
  • Contractor
Votes |
  • Contractor
Replied Jan 27 2018, 19:00

Hey Mayer M.

I am a contractor that only works with investors in New Jersey. Please send me a personal message. I’d love to see if I can help out!

Talk soon,

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Palmiotto
  • Hard Money Lender
  • Sea Girt, NJ
Votes |
  • Hard Money Lender
  • Sea Girt, NJ
Replied Jan 31 2018, 09:23

Just curious why you would expect a contractor to charge you a different price depending on whether you are a homeowner or a flipper?

User Stats

Votes
Mayer M.
  • Investor
  • Cherry Hill, NJ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cherry Hill, NJ
Replied Jan 31 2018, 17:43

In my experience which admittedly isn't much (a dozen flips in the past 12 months) most GCs i have come across seem to charge way to much. I hired a GC to remodel my own house 5 years ago and spent $150k. Knowing what i know today i could've done it for $100k.

I have met GCs that want to charge $2k + materials for a bath remodel and have met some that want to charge $10k + materials. I'm simply trying to educate myself.