• Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Buyer seems to have locked me in while he shops other deals

Jack B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Feb 17 2018, 04:53

He is an out of state investor who had his realtor come look at the place the first day, send video, etc. They were adamant to be mutual/under contract that night so that it would be marked pending...

Now they seem to be milking the 10 day inspection period. One reschedule after another. Inspector came back with a lot of subjective opinions, such as the deck MIGHT not be permitted, the washer and dryer work but look old and will likely need to be replaced/are due for replacement, etc.

Now the guy wants to come and look at the place in person....it's been nearly TWO weeks. My house has been marked pending and NO ONE comes to look at a house once it's marked pending. I had it out with their agent last night, pushing to get them to make a decision but no dice. They said they would decide in the morning. Although they came up with $4,500 in bogus repairs (washer and dryer work but are old, deck may not be permitted, gutters need cleaning, all of $4,500!!!) I offered to fix some legitimate issues like the cleaning of the gutters, and give $2,700 in concessions toward closing costs. They still would not make a decision, wanting to call the same inspector that said hey, the garage doors work but might need maintenance, the deck MIGHT be un-permitted (it's not).

Merely cancelling the contract and relisting guarantees I lose the deal at this point, but how can I get them to make a decision or get off the pot before I lose yet another weekend on the MLS? It sure seems like he wanted to get it under contract quick to keep it off the market but is taking his sweet time to get the deal done.

Loading replies...