Votes
Dan D.
  • Green Bay, WI
Votes |
New here, but want to know if I can still invest

Dan D.
  • Green Bay, WI
Posted Feb 20 2018, 09:41
Hi everyone, new here and am really looking forward to hopefully investing in RE but want to make sure it could really happen. Here's the deal, I moved to Green Bay about 3 years ago but have been an hvac mechanic for about 12 years. However, I've come to finally realize I am just not the best at it. I guess I'm just hard headed but, whatever. Currently I am pipefitting with the union to just keep food on the table. Unfortunately, however, though this job makes decent money, it is in a volatile market. That means there are mass layoffs every few months. So, i was reading a few months ago and started getting excited about RE investing and the possibilities it could bring. But, I've found there is one caveat to my dreams. It's that I have to have a stable job to qualify for loans. Is this true even though my credit score is 730 or so, have 20k in the bank and just bought a SF home 6 months ago? The home I just purchased, I was in a job for over a year so the loan was approved. But, do I need to stay in a job for more than a year each time I want to invest? Thanks for the help guys.

Loading replies...