Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Stacey Dean
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
Questions for new investors Need accurate training?

Stacey Dean
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted Apr 18 2018, 05:31

Hi before I ask this question let me introduce myself on here. My name is Stacey Dean. I own a company named Alicey property renovations. I am a real estate agent and local builder here in Grand Rapids mi. I've been doing this for almost 5 years and come from the school of hard knocks. I started out a broke less then middle class stay at home mom, and now own a company whos net worth is well over 2.5 mil. I've flipped 47 houses to date and plan on reaching close to 60 total houses by year end. I've took zero classes, but been approached by new investors that have spent thousands on stuff like fortune builders and so on needing desperate help. So with that being said, Do you feel its worth it? Do you feel their systems work? I've found most of them don't align with the Grand Rapids Crazy low inventory real estate crisis. I have yet to see a accurate scope of work and bidding numbers for renovation cost. I've seen new investors bid on houses thinking $15-$20k into the house only to start the renovation and get way in over their head with cost. I feel this is misleading and sending a lot of new investors down a failing rabbit hole. Please someone tell me something different. Also for Grand Rapids New to semi new investors, what if I was to join with a few of my trusted colleges and do a 3 day training Q and A type setting for way less money? Would this interest you? I can teach you the ropes of the Grand Rapids market. Teach you how to make connections with REAL wholesalers, instead of bugging title companies and sending expensive flyers. I can teach you REAL cost. How to save on inspections cost, and better yet get your bid numbers right the first time. This is just for Grand Rapids. I can line you up with a private lender who can help you do a trusted HELOC or even local hard money lenders.... spent to much time with new investors explaining THE TRUTH ABOUT HOW DIFFERENT THIS GRAND RAPIDS MARKET IS THEN OTHER MARKETS> Then get asked to be their coach. ;-) The cost of material is rising here, due to supply and demand. The price of a legit contractor is different here due to supply and demand. etc. This market is crazy different and personally I'm tired of seeing people get burnt over misleading classes. I'm sure title comapnys are tires of being contacted for a list. I'm sure the city of Grand Rapids is tired of being contacted for a blighted list.... and frankly all the flyers I get in the mail asking to buy my flips seem like a huge wait of time and energy.

Just throwing this out there. Trying to see if new investors are happy with their current training?

Loading replies...