Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Maugno M.
Pro Member
  • Flipper / Landlord
  • Tyler, TX
Votes |
Bank wont let me BRRRR. HELOC ONLY. HELP!

Maugno M.
Pro Member
  • Flipper / Landlord
  • Tyler, TX
Posted Aug 22 2018, 09:43

I have a home i bought and nearly finished rehab. Started doing my paperwork to do a cash out refinance and back says i have to treat this as a HOME EQUITY loan. It still is a 80%ltv but max is 20year. They said i needed to have additional Homesteads for it to be a Cash Out refinance. 

What do you all think? I'm shopping around to see where they can do a 90%LTV but have had no luck. Not even at the credit unions. Any Advice ?

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Y.
  • Investor
  • Henderson, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Henderson, NV
Replied Aug 28 2018, 23:49
Originally posted by @Jeremy Hanson:

Thanks for the info on this post. I am in the same situation. I just finished a rehab and am trying to refi with no loan on the SFH 3/1. First Credit Union said they don't lend for anything other than for rehab costs. I told them that it was already done. I tried Lending Tree who said that the loan is not big enough for them. I will be checking with a local bank in the morning that an investor told me they use.

Give US Bank a try, they will at least let you do 80% of the purchase amount. However, they won't cover the rehab cost, that is based on what the loan officer told me when I spoke to them. If you really can't find a bank, try a mortgage broker. Most people dislike that idea  because they want to save the extra fee you have to pay to the broker, but somethings it's the difference between paying a bit more to get a loan and just not get a loan or one with worse terms.

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Hanson
  • Grand Rapids, MN
Votes |
  • Grand Rapids, MN
Replied Aug 29 2018, 02:33

Thanks for the info Daniel Y I will try them and see what can be done.

Jeremy

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Maugno M.
Pro Member
  • Flipper / Landlord
  • Tyler, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper / Landlord
  • Tyler, TX
Replied Aug 29 2018, 06:33

@Jeremy Hanson @Daniel Y. Yes a mortgage broker is good. They told me they could get me approve on exactly what i wanted. 30 year fixed rate cash out. BUT... They were stricter on the home and details needed. They also wanted me to put my fiance as part of the deal to count her income. I wanted to do everything on my own before i get married. Whatever me and her do after can be community.

I am going with my bank i mentioned at first. They approved me for conventional all on my own without needed to add anyone to back up my income. It will be an ARM 5/1. 6.6% interest. 20 year. It will be an Inhouse loan to my understanding which means they wont sell it.