• Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Avoid Padhawk if you like money

Taylor Chiu
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Jan 15 2019, 11:53

A month ago I listened to a BP podcast where the sponsor was Padhawk, an online aggregating service that allows you to access MLS listings from all over the country, among other things.

They were offering a free 1 month trial through BP, so I signed up. The service itself seems decent, but my problem lies with their customer support. 

First, they charged me the normal $99 right away even though I signed up with the promotion code. Then when I called into their customer support, the person I spoke with didn't even seem to know what Padhawk was. Eventually they said they would log a case with their team, and get back to me about the refund. Which never happened. SHOCKING.

Then I called in again to bring up the same issue, and to cancel my membership before the trial ended (so I wouldn't get charged for another month). They said they would take care of it. And guess what? They ended up charging me another $99, and also REVOKED my membership, saying the trial had ended. 

Gotta say, I'm pretty dissappointed with this company. They clearly don't have the infrastructure to support clients on this platform, and their customer support is terrible at best. 

And of course I called today, and it just went to voicemail.

So if you like positive cashflow, don't use Padhawk.

User Stats

Votes
Taylor Chiu
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied Apr 24 2019, 08:16
Originally posted by @Mindy Jensen:
Originally posted by @Clint Conner:

@Mindy Jensen I never said they were a part of Padhawk but they are a part of BP and invited a guest that didn't realize he was having customer service issues(?). And he has since addressed in this post. 

Your post said "One of the 2 hosts is a founding member, no?" I thought you were asking for confirmation that one of our two podcast hosts was a founding member of Padhawk. (They are not.)

I think he was implying one of the hosts (Brandon) was a founding member of BP, not Padhawk. Although my understanding is Brandon isn't a founding member of BP, although he is now a part-owner in the company.

User Stats

Votes
Taylor Chiu
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied Apr 24 2019, 08:19
Originally posted by @Aaron Amuchastegui:

Hey @Taylor Chiu   This is such a bummer and wish I would have seen this post sooner!! Back in January we were testing some outsourcing options for our customer service, but this shouldn't have happened..  

When I check out your account, it looks like you got charged on 12/15 on the 7th day of your trial, then when you called on 12/18 you were refunded.  At that point, our team should have just closed your account since the 7 days was over..  For some reason that didn't happen, your account stayed open for you and you were charged again January 9th.  When you called in on January 14th, they closed your account for good.

If you send me a message I can send you the records for the refund you received on 12/18, prior to you posting this.  

Let me know how I can help!

@Taylor Chiu

Hey Aaron, thanks for reaching out. I appreciate your detailed reply - I don't like bashing companies, but I could not believe how little the support team seemed to know and be able to do regarding the product. Heck, half the people I talked to acted like they had never even heard of a company called Padhawk before. 

Anyways, sounds like things have changed. I'll PM you, I still am owed the refund for the second $99 I was charged.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Taylor Chiu
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied Apr 24 2019, 08:55

As an update, I have been refunded both $99 charges from Padhawk. It was still a crummy situation to have to spend time dealing with, but hopefully their customer support has improved and I do appreciate @Aaron Amuchastegui chiming in to help here.

User Stats

Votes
Farhad Rahmani
  • Eagle Lake, FL
Votes |
  • Eagle Lake, FL
Replied Apr 24 2019, 15:47

Glad I saw your feedback. Thanks for posting about your experience, I was looking to sign with them.

User Stats

Votes
Antonio Perez
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Broussard, LA
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Broussard, LA
Replied Sep 7 2020, 07:38

Thanks for sharing.  As a newbie, I appreciate the lessons learned.  I am currently reading Bidding to Buy and they mention Padhawk.  Glad to see both sides and (presumably) customer support feedback.  Thanks again guys 👍🏽

User Stats

Votes
Antonio Perez
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Broussard, LA
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Broussard, LA
Replied Sep 7 2020, 07:42

@Account Closed thanks for the tip.  I never thought of using a prepaid card.  Had no idea that Capital One gave virtual numbers.  That’s genius!  

User Stats

Votes
Suzette T.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Acadiana / South Louisiana
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Acadiana / South Louisiana
Replied Sep 8 2020, 05:59
Originally posted by @Account Closed:

My recommendation when you do something like this is to use a Visa Gift Card for the credit card. That way they can't continue to charge you every month. Or, Capital One, for example, has virtual credit card numbers. This allows you to create a new card number for use on the site, and you can turn that number off if you don't want to use it anymore...

This is such a great tip! Thank you for sharing!