• Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
What is the fastest you have recieved a title commitment

Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
Posted Feb 19 2019, 15:51

I just opened escrow at 11:45 am on a Vegas property I am selling.  I got my title commitment today at 3:36 pm today.. Just under 4 hours for a pre lim  /  or title commitment to you east coast folks. that i believe is a record for me. I have opened escrow at 8 or 9 in the morning and gotten a pre by end of business but never this quick. We close on friday.. but if we had to we could have close today.. 

Now that is great service.. this is WFG title  here in Vegas.. 

whats your record. ???

User Stats

Votes
Christina Linn
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Feb 20 2019, 20:00

@William C. it was an amazing deal and we weren’t in any hurry to begin with, but the previous owner got the house emptied out 2 months earlier than planned and we were able to rehab in October instead of December, which is a big deal here - weather. I just did it because I could though, I guess.

User Stats

Votes
Lynnette E.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee
Replied Feb 20 2019, 20:24

I do not know how long it took for the title commitment but the fastest closing I had was 8 days, and we closed the day after Thanksgiving.  

It was in Yuma Az and I got a loan from Wells Fargo for that house.  They had to review the paperwork for the sell of my old house to approve the loan.  It was a government buy-out due to a transfer, but they did not actually buy the house yet as the appraisers did not agree on the value so a third appraiser was called it give the final appraisal on the house I was moving from.  They still approved my loan for the new house though, even though the appraisal to sell the old one was not complete.  I was pretty surprised!

I had loaded all our stuff in the contract movers van and loaded the 2 kids, 3 cats into our vehicle and towed the camping pop up trailer hoping we would have a house to move into when we got to AZ from PA.  We had to stop at a notary along the way to sign the paperwork.  Only problem was finding the relator who had the house keys, but was out Black Friday shopping!  We stayed in a hotel Thanksgiving night, moved in the next day after the deed was recorded.

PropStream logo
PropStream
|
Sponsored
Nationwide property data Use our robust, multi-sourced data to find off-market properties and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Ian Walsh
  • Lender
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Feb 21 2019, 02:51

1 day.  4hrs - That's solid.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
Replied Feb 21 2019, 06:08
Originally posted by @Ian Walsh:

1 day.  4hrs - That's solid.

ya that is why I posted about it to see what others have done. I did not ask for same day.. I opened escrow on Tuesday and was expecting to close on Friday which is totally doable in our area.. but same day title commitment without me asking was pretty shocking :)

Keep in mind utls in these areas are not like what you deal with in Philly area .