• New to Real Estate
  • Bridgeport CT
Votes |
First investment property

Danielle Matt
  • New to Real Estate
  • Bridgeport CT
Posted Oct 31 2020, 11:56

Hello, so I'm still working on getting my first investment property and it's under an FHA loan. I won't be really living at the location but I'd like some feedback on if it would be a difficult procedure to put the property as an LLC. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this if you think it's a great idea and also any steps going forward to having it as an LLC investment property.

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Stanfield
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Oct 31 2020, 12:17

I thought FHA loans are for individuals (not llc) and you have to be living in it as your primary residence.

User Stats

Votes
Shaun Weekes
  • Loan Officer / Processor / Life & Health Agent
  • Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Votes |
  • Loan Officer / Processor / Life & Health Agent
  • Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Replied Oct 31 2020, 12:45
Originally posted by @Danielle Matt:

Hello, so I'm still working on getting my first investment property and it's under an FHA loan. I won't be really living at the location but I'd like some feedback on if it would be a difficult procedure to put the property as an LLC. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this if you think it's a great idea and also any steps going forward to having it as an LLC investment property.

You have to live in the property and it has to be under your name.  Don't get caught up in mortgage fraud, it's not worth it at all.

Fha loans are for primary residences only.  After you've lived there for a year or refinanced the home into a conventional loan you'll be able to do some of the things you have mentioned.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Danielle Matt
  • New to Real Estate
  • Bridgeport CT
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Bridgeport CT
Replied Oct 31 2020, 12:53

@Shaun Weekes thank you so much