"You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression". Curb appeal!
1. Go stand in front of your house and take a quick look, what stands out? If it's your white garage door, paint it the same color as the body of your house. Most people keep them white. However; unless your garage door is special and you want to accent it and draw attention to it, PAINT IT!! It's probably the largest surface on the front of your house.
2. Paint or repaint your front door, where you do want to draw people's eyes. A nice contrasting accent color.
3.Make sure lawn is mowed, landscaping weeded.
4. A nice planter by the front door with flowers (go bigger)
5. Clean all the windows.
6. Bathrooms, Kitchens, and Closets sell houses, make sure yours are CLEAN, get rid of clutter, and know people snoop around!
7. If furniture is cramped, move it out of the house or into another room.
8.Clean the carpet
9. Clean and organize your laundry room. If laundry is in garage, tidy it up.
10. Fresh flowers are always nice on a table.
11. Have a little snack at Open Houses, it encourages people to mingle and get a feel for the place.
12. Don't ignore the back yard, organize any toys, yard tools, etc.
13. Look at fences and trim boards, do they need replaced or painted?
14. Make up a nice flyer to give out. If you don't know how, try Postlets or some other site with easy to use templates
15. Advertise on the Marketplace on BP!