Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Ramon Martinez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Anyone Familiar With Los Angeles County Tax Sales and Auctions?

Ramon Martinez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Feb 29 2016, 14:43

Any agents or investors in the LA county area familiar with LA County's tax sale procedure? I met an investor in Orange County who goes straight to the courthouse steps, making it seem like a pretty straightforward process. I'm assuming LA county is much larger and more populous county and therefore more confusing. 

I've used a third party site that indicates there are many tax sales/auctions (is there a difference) happening at several different locations throughout the county; anyone know how to consolidate this disparate locations through a single service (website? auction house?)

Speaking of which, anyone having any luck using Zillow's pre-forclosure stats? I never really trust anything on Zillow since it's a pay to play service, but let me know if you differ. 

Finally, anyone know if it's possible to pull a property out of the auction procedures by working with the owner to buy/list their property? 

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Davon Lowery
  • Investor
  • Whitttier, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Whitttier, CA
Replied Feb 29 2016, 14:54

@Ramon MartinezGreat to hear you are ready to tango with the LA courthouse steps, there are some heavy hitters that buy down there. I attempted to research properties, mainly in the IE, Riverside area, but the property descriptions were difficult to discern, w/o the background and no experienced person to reference, I didn't pursue it further. 

Keep us posted on how it turns out.

User Stats

Votes
Samantha Soto
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Nov 14 2016, 21:36

Did either of you crack the code? I'm trying to figure all of this out now. Just reading books so far. Going to a REI meeting on Thursday to try and rub elbows with people who know how to buy at auction.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.