• Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Help with a pre-foreclosure lead

Neil Goradia
  • Developer
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Feb 5 2018, 11:33

Received a pre-foreclosure lead and need some help:

Property details: 3 bed, 1.5 ba 1200 sq ft home, move in ready. Market value is $80k-90k, and market rents are $900-1,000/mo. Attempting to get under contract for $63k (mortgage payoff amount). Delinquent owner is still living there and must give their ex-husband a 30 day move notice with new address before they can leave (due to situation with their child). Owner has stopped paying for the last 3 months and just received a "summons" in the mail but with no date for a hearing.

My intention is to wholesale the property, but I'd like to make sure I'm doing everything right and most importantly not disappoint the owner as my goal is to help her avoid a foreclosure on her record and for it to be a win-win.

Does anyone have a step by step process of a foreclosure that I can reference so that I can pin-point where in the process I am? I also want to make sure I am able to wholesale the property, and that there isn't a rule somewhere that says it must go to sheriff sale first, etc.

The mortgage company says I need to have them add me as an authorized third party to get information about the account. Once I get that access, what do I need to ask other than payoff amount? Anything else I'm not thinking of here?

Thanks!

Loading replies...