• Rental Property Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Short sale process in LA

Parris Edwards
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Dec 10 2018, 17:01
Hey BP so I have a list of short sale properties But I don’t know what to do as far as approaching the owners any tips on what I should say Fairly new to this strategy.

User Stats

Votes
Brett Goldsmith
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Dec 11 2018, 08:56

What are your goals with the properties? The best way to approach distressed homeowners are to find out their goals and educate them on their options with their distressed asset or situation if they are behind on their mortgage. 

User Stats

Votes
Joe Homs
  • Flipper
  • Mission Viejo, CA
Votes |
  • Flipper
  • Mission Viejo, CA
Replied Dec 21 2018, 15:02

@Parris Edwards  If you are NOT a real estate agent then the only thing you can do with your short sale list is find out if there is any equity in the property and make an offer to purchase/wholesale the home.  Only licensed Real Estate Agents are allowed to negotiate a short sale with the bank.

I usually "door knock" these leads when there is equity and my speech at the door is "Hi my name is Joe and I am a Real Estate Investor.  I would love to buy your home for CASH!  Do you have a few minutes to speak with me?"

Good Investing...

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Phil Z.
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Orange, CT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Orange, CT
Replied Jan 4 2019, 10:18
Originally posted by @Joe Homs:

@Parris Edwards  If you are NOT a real estate agent then the only thing you can do with your short sale list is find out if there is any equity in the property and make an offer to purchase/wholesale the home.  Only licensed Real Estate Agents are allowed to negotiate a short sale with the bank.

I usually "door knock" these leads when there is equity and my speech at the door is "Hi my name is Joe and I am a Real Estate Investor.  I would love to buy your home for CASH!  Do you have a few minutes to speak with me?"

Good Investing...

Thats not accurate.  Anyone can negotiate a short sale.  The real question is how you will expect to get paid..

TOP END Properties Logo

User Stats

Votes
Wayne Brooks#1 Foreclosures Contributor
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Jan 4 2019, 10:23
Originally posted by @Joe Homs:

Good Investing...

By definition, there is no equity in a short sale.....