Cameron, NC · Member since 2014 · 58 posts · 5 votes
Hello,
I am interested in investing in a Duplex. Preferable 4 or more units. Before I jump into my first deal, and I am wondering what are several factors that I should keep in mind when shopping for units, as well as after my purchase. I have already listen to several podcast and received some great knowledge. But I'm still seeking more knowledge. I know this question is kinda of broad. But that is my sole purpose, just to open up the discussion for several doorways when it comes to receiving advice. I am very interested in having my tenant pretty much pay for almost all expenses, but I would like more assistance when it comes to building the foundation/lease contract to present to my tenants in the future.
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
12y
Get in a 4 unit if you can. 3 tenants paying that mortgage and you live in the 4th unit.
Your breakeven occupancy will be better than a duplex or tri-plex and if one leaves 2 more will still be paying versus a duplex where you will have 50% vacancy and have to pay the mortgage all by yourself.