Has anyone invested in Multi Family in the Greensboro, NC area?

3 Replies

I have been mostly investing in the Triangle Area in NC. That's the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area. Recently, I have been fascinated by Greensboro, which is about 1 hour drive from the Triangle.

I 'm wondering if anyone here has invested in the Triad (Greensboro, Wiston Salem, High Point), especially Greensboro? I have been to the Triad many times, I just don't know the various areas well.

(919) 434-3132

@Henri Meli

I have one property in Greensboro, and the other one in Whitsett which is just east of Greensboro. Whitsett is a town that many folks are moving to because it is half-way in between Greensboro and Burlington. Several sub-divisions are being built and more are planned. Whitsett & Greensboro are great areas from rentals!

Thanks @Thomas Mark . Compare to the Triangle area, the Triad seems to have a lot more multi family in my financial range, which would yield better returns. One thing I learned recently was that 67% of the Greensboro population prefers to rent vs own.

Recently, I identified some really interesting properties around Greensboro College, UNCG, Bennet College and I was wondering what to expect from investments in these areas. I requested OMs from the seller's brokers and used those to run my initial numbers, and those look enticing.  My next step was to plug-in more realistic numbers to see what comes out of it. 

(919) 434-3132

I live in Whitsett and work in Greensboro.

I think the UNCG area is a great investment area, but college towns are my preference for investing so make sure you stay in line with your goals and business plan. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.