• Investor
  • Lehigh Valley, PA
Votes |
Feedback on Deal Analysis

Greg L.
  • Investor
  • Lehigh Valley, PA
Posted Aug 28 2016, 21:05

I have an offer on a multi with two 2 bedroom apartments and 4 rooms.  The building is empty due to management issues with the owner and is in fairly decent shape except for one apartment that will need some cosmetic work.  My inspector will confirm all of that shortly but I know I'm going to need to do a few things to get a Certificate of Occupancy.  So upon closing, the building may remain empty for 1-2 months while I do the repairs and put in a laundry, so these numbers are projected based on my knowledge of the rents in the area:

Annual Rent Two 2 Bedroom Apts                   $ 18,600 

Annual Rent for 4 Rooms                                    26,260

Projected Laundry Revenues                                4,200

Total Rents                                                        $ 49,060

Expenses:

1.  Taxes                                                               4,088
  2. Water and Sewer                                              1,600
  3. Insurance                                                          1,600
  4. Vacancy & Credit Loss (6%)                             2,944
  5. Repair Reserve (10%)                                       4,906
  6. Electric                                                               1,800
  7. Trash                                                                      840

Total Expense                                                      17,778

Net income                                                          31,282  

Purchase Price                                                   134,250

Cap Rate                                                               23.30%

Cash on Cash Return After Mortgage                   91.17%

I'm always cautious in thinking something is a slam dunk and there will be some challenges managing the rooms, but there are only 4 of them.  Is this as good of a deal as I think it is?  

Loading replies...