• Charleston, SC
Votes |
Who’s Unhappy with Their 401-k?

Danny Randazzo
Pro Member
  • Apartment Syndicator
  • Charleston, SC
Posted Oct 12 2019, 03:45

What have you done to make the most of your retirement accounts (401k, IRA, 403B, ESA, etc.)?

I recently converted an old 401k that wasn’t doing much for me into a self direct individual retirement account (commonly referred to as a SDIRA). I was unhappy with the 401k because I had limited ability to invest in anything other than mutual funds and then the market just goes up and down and sometimes there is nothing to show for it from a return perspective. I liquidated the 401k and transferred the entire balance to a sdira managed by a custodian to ensure I stay compliant with IRS rules. Personally I use equity trust company but there are many companies out there. Using the sdira I’ve been able to passively invest in multi family syndication deals and get the great benefits of real estate like cash flow and value add appreciation. I can’t invest in deals that I’m personally a GP of so it’s a way to diversify. Overall, I’m happy with the setup and performance of my sdira since I have complete control of what to invest in.

Loading replies...