Alexandre Popp
Pro Member
Votes |
Self Directed IRA provider?

Alexandre Popp
Pro Member
Posted Mar 23 2024, 08:55

Hi!

I'm looking to convert my IRA (just rolled over my employer 401k) into a self directed IRA so that I can invest in real estate through that vehicle. Those funds currently are managed by Vanguard. I was looking to convert that into a self directed IRA.

Does anyone have recommendations of service providers I can reach out to in order to set that up? (alternatively does Vanguard offer self directed IRAs?)

Appreciate the direction! 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Mar 23 2024, 09:21
Quote from @Alexandre Popp:

Hi!

I'm looking to convert my IRA (just rolled over my employer 401k) into a self directed IRA so that I can invest in real estate through that vehicle. Those funds currently are managed by Vanguard. I was looking to convert that into a self directed IRA.

Does anyone have recommendations of service providers I can reach out to in order to set that up? (alternatively does Vanguard offer self directed IRAs?)

Appreciate the direction! 

Just sent you a message

User Stats

Votes
Jaime Raskulinecz
Pro Member
  • Roseland, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Roseland, NJ
Replied Mar 24 2024, 13:25

Traditional custodians do not handle alternative assets that aren't publicly traded. You will need a custodian who specializes in this area.

Jaime

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes