Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Morales
  • Englewood, CO
Votes |
I'm ready to learn and will work hard for you!

Kevin Morales
  • Englewood, CO
Posted May 2 2014, 12:07

I am a CPA and have been performing financial audit work for over 10 years. I have always looked at my work as the foundation for something else, something more exciting and challenging. I recently left my job to pursue a career in real estate investment. Since I have no professional experience in real estate, I don't know the best job to pursue which will give me relevant skills for buy and hold or fix and flip investments in the future.

So in this post I am asking two questions:

1. Are there any growing REI operations that could use the skills of a detail-oriented professional who learns quickly?

2. What jobs should I be pursuing to get experience in the nuts and bolts of REI?

I am so very interested in this field, but most of the job postings I've seen require experience I do not yet have. If someone took a chance on me and was willing to show me the ropes while I helped them with their operation, I'd be ever thankful!

Account Closed
  • Neptune, NJ
Votes |
  • Neptune, NJ
Replied May 2 2014, 12:10

Just as in the accounting world the REI world is ever evolving. Just try to absorb as much as you can from as many sources you can and go from there. Your offer sounds enticing I do hope you find a mentor in your area. Best of Luck...

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied May 2 2014, 15:08

@Kevin Morales welcome to the site.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes