Sal DeJulio
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
Property Management Help Needed

Sal DeJulio
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted Mar 2 2015, 19:06

Hello,

I am starting a property management business in Florida. I do not have a licensed broker on staff, but I do have a buddy working at ReMax and he said I could use that as my broker and be within the law. Is that accurate? Do I need to have ReMax on my website and business card? Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Rabinowitz
  • Investor/Landlord
  • Farmington Hills, MI
Votes |
  • Investor/Landlord
  • Farmington Hills, MI
Replied Mar 2 2015, 21:40

@Sal DeJulio, welcome to BP. Your profile states that you are looking to build a "scalable real estate empire". Are you willing to risk going forward without having a solid answer to this question? You do realize that property managers are often sued don't you? If you are supposed to have a licensed party on staff and do not how many lawsuits do you think you will win? Contact a local real estate attorney and start your business correctly before you find you have built your empire on sand.

User Stats

Votes
Jeff McCaskey
  • Investor
  • Isabel, KS
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Isabel, KS
Replied Mar 2 2015, 21:57

@Sal DeJulio  Seeking the advice of a lawyer on the subject would be advisable. I was not aware that you needed any real qualifications/license to manage property. I manage my own. 

Do you have any property management experience??? 

I know we all have to start somewhere but honestly I don't think I would place any property under management with anyone who has no experience with management or who had no experienced party on board for training and start up in the beginning.

I'm sure you can accomplish your goals but you might have to re-tool or tool up in some form or fashion. Just be prepared for all that!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes