General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
John Horner
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
I'm starting a RE Mastermind Group, maybe it's for you!

John Horner
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Jul 21 2016, 12:46

I am looking to build a small Mastermind Group (5-7 people) with Real Estate Investors from around the country!  

This group will be totally free, my only goal is for everyone in the group to succeed exponentially and learn from each other!

I have been actively investing for 3 years now and I work hard everyday to grow my business and my profitability!  I am looking for like minded investors, actively doing deals full-time to join me so we can help each other with strategies, processes and just overall business planning.

I am really looking for folks outside of the Ohio area because I don't want members to feel like we are competing with each other and feel like we need to keep secrets to ourselves because we are in the same market.

A little about me: My company did 25 deals last year (I still had a FT day job for half of that) and this year we are looking to do around 60 deals. Of the 60, we will complete 20 rehab flips and purchase 40 as rental properties for ourselves. We just hired our first employee to help with the property management. We are managing our own rentals as well as doing all of our own marketing and managing all of our flips in house. We are currently working on more creative and effective marketing strategies, ways to further utilize VA's for administrative work and to start creating processes so that myself and my business partner can begin removing ourselves from the business.

If you're in the same boat as me and looking to continue growing your business please shoot me a PM and let's talk about if we would be a good fit!

User Stats

Votes
Nadia White
  • Wholesaler
  • Monroe, NC
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Monroe, NC
Replied Jul 21 2016, 13:29

You rock! Those are definitely incredible numbers. I would like to see if you think we are a good fit for that MM group. How often do you think we should "meet"?

User Stats

Votes
John Horner
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 21 2016, 13:49

I was thinking a conference style call every 2 weeks or so, then maybe an annual get together weekend or something like that!  

That is just a thought, it will all be determined once we have the whole group together!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes
Account Closed
  • Investor
  • LOUISVILLE, Ky
Votes |
  • Investor
  • LOUISVILLE, Ky
Replied Jul 21 2016, 14:22

John,

I belong to a (general) mastermind group and get a great deal out of it.  It would be great to be a part of one that is specific to RE investing.

User Stats

Votes
John Horner
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 23 2016, 16:01
Originally posted by @Account Closed:

John,

I belong to a (general) mastermind group and get a great deal out of it.  It would be great to be a part of one that is specific to RE investing.

Thanks Adam, where did you find your general group?  I have been searching different site and I'm afraid they are all going to cost an arm and a leg just to join.

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • LOUISVILLE, Ky
Votes |
  • Investor
  • LOUISVILLE, Ky
Replied Jul 24 2016, 16:57

Mine found me through some posts I had made in the Miracle Morning community on FB.

Mine is a paid group.  Free masterminds tend to not have the same efficacy.