• Naples, FL
Votes |
Vacation Rental Software Automation

Michael Manos
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Naples, FL
Posted Dec 21 2017, 18:56

Hi All,

I currently live in Naples, Florida and my company Naples Away manages 45 rental properties in high amenity communities in Naples. We are looking to scale the business and automate some of the processes by incorporating technology.  Can anyone recommenced  software or technology that you use for key-less entry or managing house cleanings etc.. 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Dec 22 2017, 06:20

@Michael Manos my preference is for a smart lock (SEE THIS EXAMPLE).

BENEFITS:

1. Guests can use an app or just punch in a code.

2. No key. With a key system there is always the risk of guests losing a key, locking it inside the home, taking it with them when they leave. You also risk someone making a copy and coming back for criminal purposes.

3. Code can be changed remotely so you don't have to visit the site.

4. Multiple codes so you can track who entered and when based on the code used. One code for the cleaners, another for maintenance, a third for the owners, a fourth for you, and others for guests.

There's obviously an expense involved for purchase and installation. However, if your time is worth $40 an hour, visiting the home four times to change codes would pay for this device. The time savings and the increased security could make it worth it.

There are "dumb" electronic locks that work great but the problem with them is you have to visit the property to change the code whereas this one can be managed remotely.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Justin M Christian
  • Software Engineer / Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Software Engineer / Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Dec 22 2017, 08:50

Hi @Michael Manos,

Have you looked into Homebase.ai? This company has property management software for smart apartments and can do the ekey handoff seamlessly for your renters. They will also have vendor services in the near future. Their pricing is quite reasonable.

-Justin Christian

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Michael Manos
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Naples, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Naples, FL
Replied Dec 22 2017, 15:36

Thank you both for the response. 90% of the properties we manage are in HOA communities that require a minimum 30 day stay. We are looking to acquire 30 additional properties in non HOA communities that allow short term stays. I believe in order to scale the business and have it run efficiently we will need to automate the operational process as much as possible. Going key-less is definitely a top priority.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Manos
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Naples, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Naples, FL
Replied Dec 22 2017, 17:37

We currently use Liverez for our booking website.  I read an article recently that said that have a partnership with Point central?