Are realtors necessary to correctly analyze deals?

29 Replies

As others have stated, it is always best to run your own numbers. The only person who cares most about your money is yourself!

I know many realtors who come up with fictitious values and always assume an appreciating market. Many of these realtors don't own investment properties and think their personal home is an investment.

@Justin Lewis Computer will not give comps, only guess. You have to go inside each house to get real comp. there are too many things that computer can not grab. If you invest money based on computer data, that is a big mistake.

There are so many analytic tools available now to understand values and trend analysis. I still use Trulia, Realtor.com and occasionally Zillow esp for their new rental trends. If you really want to go deep a BPO Broker Price Opinion can be done complete with exterior pictures for around $150. I can refer one or more if needed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you