• Wholesaler
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pulling money from paid off prop, but bad credit/self-employed

Account Closed
  • Wholesaler
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Sep 25 2016, 23:04

I found a foreclosure to fix and flip. I own 3 properties free and clear, approximately 3x the value of this fixer. 

I'm in the process of repairing my credit after a bout of identity theft. I am self-employed and take out large deductions, so using returns for income verification is a problem.

Do I have any options to pull out equity from these properties, or do I have to turn to hard money to fund this flip?

User Stats

Votes
Timothy Maloney
  • Lender
  • Syracuse, NY
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Syracuse, NY
Replied Sep 27 2016, 13:22

@Account Closed  You can pull 60% even with poor credit.  The rates might be in the 7's/8's for a 15-20 year fixed.   So long as the minimum property value is 100k you can avoid hard money.

Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Olszak
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Sep 27 2016, 19:41

@Timothy Maloney Can you elaborate on options? I have a client with a paid off home worth about 100k-120k, 60k would get her just what she needs. Credit report is almost empty.

Olszak Realty Inc. Logo
NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Timothy Maloney
  • Lender
  • Syracuse, NY
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Syracuse, NY
Replied Sep 28 2016, 07:16

@Matthew Olszak  Options for Non owner occupied:   

Option 1. 15-25 year fixed loan - 60% LTV, 3-4 points, and a rate in the 8s (for an empty (but not bad) credit report. Take 45-60 days to close.

Option 2 - Bridge loan while she builds credit - 8-12% interest only payments for 18 months - 3 points and likely the same 60% LTV. Takes 15-20 business days to close.

If this is her primary residence then neither option I listed would apply.

Thanks!

Account Closed
  • Wholesaler
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Sep 28 2016, 23:22

What about income verification? Would a heloc be available and perhaps a better option? Thanks