Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Perez
  • Realtor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
Limitless Funding Source? Unsecured loans? Pros and cons?

Jonathan Perez
  • Realtor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Posted Jan 5 2023, 17:59

Has any one ever used Limitless Funding Source?

They offer unsecure loans, not using any collateral. 

I'm exploring options and this seems like a good way for me to purchase the next deal but I'm treading lightly as using unsecure loans sounds pretty risky and of course I need to consider ALL things including their terms, market conditions, capital on hand (about 30k to invest) and my strategy which is to BRRR.

The goal is to acquire cash flowing rental property and scale as fast as possible. I can use hard money as well but I wanted to go below their minimum loan amount. I figure if I went with the unsecure loan I can purchase under that minimum loan amount that the HML requires (preserving my 30k in capital vs using it as a down payment). So I figured it was worth considering.

I would then refinance it into a DSCR 30 year fixed, pull the cash out and repeat the process similarly from thereon.

Even if you've never used this company (Limitless Funding Source) specifically, I'd like to hear about your experience in using unsecure loans to purchase rental properties.

• Real Estate Agent Florida (#SL3536343)

eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Greg Kasmer
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia
Votes |
  • Philadelphia
Replied Jan 10 2023, 12:42

Johnathan - I've used unsecured lines of credit to purchase and rehab properties in a BRRRR strategy before. You'll have to double check the minimum amount due each month to be sure you can make the payments prior to securing long term financing. For example, interest only vs. interest and principle vs. interest, principle as well as a certain minimum % of the loan are all types of payments I've see on lines/loans of credit. You want to make sure you can have enough cash to make the payments while renovations occur and before securing long-term financing... as well as give yourself a little (2-3 month) cushion just in case. Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Perez
  • Realtor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Replied Jan 10 2023, 13:27

@Greg Kasmer Thank you for your response. Sounds like it is definitely an option I'm willing to look into. What companies have you worked with on that?

eXp Realty Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Marcus Wright
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Jan 13 2023, 21:17
Quote from @Jonathan Perez:

@Greg Kasmer Thank you for your response. Sounds like it is definitely an option I'm willing to look into. What companies have you worked with on that?

I’m looking into doing a similar w/ Limitless Funding Source. Came here to attempt to check their legitimacy. Did you decide to move forward with them or did you choose a different course of action? 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Perez
  • Realtor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Jacksonville, FL
Replied Jan 15 2023, 16:41
Quote from @Marcus Wright:

I’m looking into doing a similar w/ Limitless Funding Source. Came here to attempt to check their legitimacy. Did you decide to move forward with them or did you choose a different course of action? 

I did not. From my research I found that the LLC they're claiming is not registered on sun biz, their Facebook page reviews are all robots and when I went over to their office stated on their website, I was told that there's no such company doing business at that location.

Not saying that they are NOT legit but from what I researched, nothing seemed to add up, so I had to pass on them. 

eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Greg Kasmer
  • Philadelphia
Votes |
  • Philadelphia
Replied Jan 16 2023, 03:42

Jonathan - I've had some success with business lines of credit with smaller credit unions in my region (Sun Federal Credit Union), as well as some larger banks, including Wells Fargo and PNC. I'm sure others (BOA) might be able to provide lines of credit as well, but as with all of them you'll have to provide good documentation for their applications. Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Seth Thompson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Mar 27 2023, 11:08

Thank you for this thread. Limitless Funding source also reached out to us and I was hopeful but after a phone call with a representative, feel as though it is not a safe route. I did not give them personal information and would suggest others not to as well. Considering when I asked questions about who backs their funds and if they are held within the US... they could not fully respond. They did say USA funding but couldn't supply how they are able to offer such funding without collateral of any kind. Also, the representative did not know what it meant to be FDIC insured. And did not offer any name for who insures their funding. Even if they are not FDIC insured, they should be knowledgeable enough to know what FDIC insurance is. They said, "I do not know what that means". Best to steer clear of Limitless Funding, imo.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Davidson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Replied Mar 28 2023, 07:27

@Seth Thompson is the company called Limitless Funding? This is first I have heard of it, figured this was another infinite banking thing?

appreciate the info!

User Stats

Votes
Seth Thompson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Mar 28 2023, 10:31

Yes, also Limitless Funding Source

If anyone has used them, I would like to know how it went. But I wouldn’t recommend them based off our phone call.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 21 2023, 14:04

I had an experience with Fund & Grow where they work on the customer behalf to get approval for 0% Apr business cards

they have a PoA to work on the behalf of the Client which is totally fine - however Lender do not like that and one of the Lender - FNBO - that approved me for a Business Card with $ 15,000 at 0% Apr for 12 months - after 2 weeks sent me a letter reducing my credit limit to $ 3,000 and upon calling the Lender they told me the reason of the lowering was due to the fact they found out there was a 3rd party pulling the request of the business card.

I explained that to Limitless Funding Source and I asked - in case some like this happens - your fee is 15% to be paid within 48 hours from funding 

but if I got let's say reduced $ 50,000 to $ 25,000 or lower I will know maybe after 2 weeks - and in the meantime I already pay you guys 15% of $ 50,000 which is $ 7,500 for your fee and then I have only $ 25,000 available with $ 7,500 cost which is a 30% fee - are you guys going to refund me the difference?

the answer was No.

User Stats

Votes
Dilruk Hettiarachchi
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Sep 21 2023, 09:34

According to Patrizia Sanino, this is a scam. Because they say something and come up with some disqualifying reason and ask for money before funding. That means you have to pay them first to get a loan. That's a huge risk. We never know what comes after you pay them first. This same thing almost happened to me with a different company. So before I paid them I asked them if I wanted to come to meet in their location and they said we were on a cruise but they could do everything online. I said I'll wait until they come back. They never came back. Be careful.

User Stats

Votes
      Alex Archer
      • Realtor
      Votes |
      • Realtor
      Replied Sep 25 2023, 10:31

I got as far as the zoom call and decided not to go any further. The rep on zoom was very pushy to keep going and whenever I voiced a concern or objection he told me "you don't need to worry about that". Then he requested I make a MyScoreIq account and give them the password to it. that's where i stopped the call. Be careful. 

User Stats

Votes
      Doug Smith
      • Lender
      • Tampa, FL
      Votes |
      • Lender
      • Tampa, FL
      Replied Sep 25 2023, 10:33

Read the information carefully. There are usually a lot of pitfalls inside those documents like the inability to pay it off...even with a penalty. One thing to keep in mind is that institutional lenders typically won't allow you to borrow the down payment. They will get at least your last 2 months of bank statements to source where that money is coming from. When they see a large deposit, they will want that explained with a paper trail. Just something to keep in mind. 

User Stats

Votes
      Replied Sep 26 2023, 09:32

Has any one ever used Limitless Funding Source?

They offer unsecure loans, not using any collateral. 

I'm exploring options and this seems like a good way for me to purchase the next deal but I'm treading lightly as using unsecure loans sounds pretty risky and of course I need to consider ALL things including their terms, market conditions, capital on hand (about 30k to invest) and my strategy which is to BRRR.

The goal is to acquire cash flowing rental property and scale as fast as possible. I can use hard money as well but I wanted to go below their minimum loan amount. I figure if I went with the unsecure loan I can purchase under that minimum loan amount that the HML requires (preserving my 30k in capital vs using it as a down payment). So I figured it was worth considering.

I would then refinance it into a DSCR 30 year fixed, pull the cash out and repeat the process similarly from thereon.

Even if you've never used this company (Limitless Funding Source) specifically, I'd like to hear about your experience in using unsecure loans to purchase rental properties.

Hey Jonathan.

did you try them?

User Stats

Votes
      Robert Howell
      Pro Member
      • New Jersey
      Votes |
      Pro Member
      • New Jersey
      Replied Oct 23 2023, 11:41

I just spoke to Limitless funding. Im looking for a loan for a short term rental. The guy seemed ok on the zoom and asked if i had any questions. I don't always know what to ask. Anyway, i have 11 enquiries over 2 years which is apparently too many, so it would cost me $420.00 up front and a $25 investment fee, to get some removed.

Anyone go with limitless?

User Stats

Votes
      Replied Nov 17 2023, 06:57
      Quote from @Robert Howell:

I just spoke to Limitless funding. Im looking for a loan for a short term rental. The guy seemed ok on the zoom and asked if i had any questions. I don't always know what to ask. Anyway, i have 11 enquiries over 2 years which is apparently too many, so it would cost me $420.00 up front and a $25 investment fee, to get some removed.

Anyone go with limitless?

I spoke with limitless funding also. I was told the same thing. 

After reading some of these post from what seems to be more experienced investors, I will fall back from giving them money right now. 

User Stats

Votes
      Robert Howell
      Pro Member
      • New Jersey
      Votes |
      Pro Member
      • New Jersey
      Replied Nov 17 2023, 07:04

Yes me too. I decided it was a no and i could better spend my funds elsewhere

User Stats

Votes
      Ben Gibbs
      • San Francisco, CA
      Votes |
      • San Francisco, CA
      Replied Nov 29 2023, 19:24

I have had similar situations with everyone here. I kept hearing about them in all of my feeds and getting messages in my inbox. So, I thought I would get on call with them and see what they are about. I got some general information upfront and then they said they wanted to pair me up with an account rep and get things set up for me. There was no clear transparency in the initial call about how things work, what the terms were like, how my personal and business credit would be affected, or anything like that. Monday, the 27th, the Monday after Thanksgiving, I started getting hit with call after call and finally, a pushy text saying they were just going to remove me from any opportunity of being on the calendar with an account rep. 

My response: Nothing lost, Nothing gained! 

I have not used Fund and Grow but I did have a consultation with them about unsecured lines of credit and they were upfront about the cost and such. I am just not going to jump on anything until I know what I am doing and getting into. 

Thanks to everyone who posted here and shared their experiences. I think we are all going to make better-informed decisions. 

BP for the win! 

User Stats

Votes
      Replied Feb 28 2024, 13:20

Based on BBB.org, there are 2 Limitless Funding Source LLCs. There's one in Florida and another in Georgia, I don't know if they're affiliated. I had a Zoom call with the folks in Georgia, nice guy. He offer information about their business. So, they show you strategies to get funding with their lenders and they also give you their connections. But that comes at a $7k cost for their database and software, if you are hands on. If you want them to build your LLC, get you funding and business deals, they're asking $3k payment upfront and 15% of the total funding they can get you.

I'm still skeptical about this source, because I found negative reviews about this LLC.